2013 5.0 Guys - Heads-up on Upcoming Update

Bald Menace

forum member
Reaction score
service dept said Ford engineering finally called and told them to clear the codes and send the car home. no known fix available at this time. :mad2:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
OK, this thread has me a little nervous, if I'm honest. I am taking delivery of my new 2013 6-speed GT tomorrow. And I was so excited about going back to a manual after driving my automatic for the past 4 and a half years. :headscratch:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
OK, this thread has me a little nervous, if I'm honest. I am taking delivery of my new 2013 6-speed GT tomorrow. And I was so excited about going back to a manual after driving my automatic for the past 4 and a half years. :headscratch:

Only one way to find out! LOL!!!

Get to 3rd and hold it between 3500-4000 RPM's.

Light ON = Return to dealership and throw loan papers in a shredder

NO Light = Drive home with smile on face!

:beerdrink:

What color did you get?

Last edited:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Are all these cars that are giving the "Misfire Code" on stock PCM codes with no mods to the car or are there occassions where the code is coming up on modded cars with flashed PCM's with mods????

mods........ie..more than just axlebacks. LOL

Last edited:

Bald Menace

forum member
Reaction score
Are all these cars that are giving the "Misfire Code" on stock PCM codes with no mods to the car or are there occassions where the code is coming up on modded cars with flashed PCM's with mods????

mods........ie..more than just axlebacks. LOL

the first thing the service dept checks for is a reflashed pcm, if there are any mods they wash their hands of the problem at least warranty wise.

mine is bone stock

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
the first thing the service dept checks for is a reflashed pcm, if there are any mods they wash their hands of the problem at least warranty wise.

mine is bone stock

This I understand, but I'm really after if there is a fault with the OEM code in the PCM and those that have modded and reflashed may escape this "Misfire Code" phenom.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score

mine is bone stock

Your dealer is lying to you. Mine told me to go ahead and mod, but they won't cover it only IF they can prove the modification caused a problem. And a tune doesn't void the entire car's warranty. So I would say my dealer is pretty badass.

Bald Menace

forum member
Reaction score
Your dealer is lying to you. Mine told me to go ahead and mod, but they won't cover it only IF they can prove the modification caused a problem. And a tune doesn't void the entire car's warranty. So I would say my dealer is pretty badass.

I should have been more precise.. any mods in the tune or pcm would void the warranty on the pcm for the problem we are dealing with

skulls

forum member
Reaction score
service dept said Ford engineering finally called and told them to clear the codes and send the car home. no known fix available at this time. :mad2:

thats nuts...why would they just not swap the pcm? it makes no sense!!!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Bald Menace

forum member
Reaction score
diagnostics.jpg

skulls

forum member
Reaction score

is deysha not able to do anything? id be going way up the latter....i mean id be cracking skulls...id slso be taking it to other dealers and hounding them...

Bald Menace

forum member
Reaction score
is deysha not able to do anything? id be going way up the latter....i mean id be cracking skulls...id slso be taking it to other dealers and hounding them...

if engineering doesnt have a fix what can she possibly do? I have confidence that my service dept is doing all they can and Ford simply doesnt have an answer yet

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much. Regardless it'll end up okay.

It's not that common of a problem I can guarantee it. Something goes wrong people tell everybody and then it seems common lol

skulls

forum member
Reaction score
if engineering doesnt have a fix what can she possibly do? I have confidence that my service dept is doing all they can and Ford simply doesnt have an answer yet

well if you trust your dealer...then nothing else can be done...but Ford is a huge company and all of engineering i bet dont talk to.each other...so maybe her contacting her higher sources brings more heads into possibly figuring this out.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Well at least your #8 cylinder isn't catching on fire and jumping out of your motor like the '11-12's!!!!!! Pffftttt........what's a flashing light? put some black tape over it so you dont see it flashing!!!!! Lol!!!!!

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I'm one of the guys on allfordmustangs that has the random misfire CEL. I have a few youtube videos that show how to replicate the issue I have. I have heard that the affected engine speed varies on different cars between 3500 and 4000 rpms. I found this issue when I was slow to shift into fourth one day leaving work cruising behind a coworker. The tach stayed at 3950ish for about 15 seconds and the CEL started flashing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=laoT6yYsHk4
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pwija_5a20U
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AEDxWsAhVTQ

I was told today, my fourth time at the dealer, that Ford will be releasing a TSB and a calibration update mid December to correct this issue. Oddest part of the whole deal is that after my car begins to miss it will all of the sudden completely stop about a minute after it started and run completely smooth. The third video I make a comment about this.

Thanks for the contributions. This is great info for people to test with.

Thanks for coming over and welcome to the forum!

I got my car back after 5 days. They swapped COP's around, changed the CPS, did some kind of super secret PCM reset that clears the KAM, resets the misfire profile and then did a road test while monitoring in mode 6. The misfires are still accumulating, but I can't feel them anymore and the CEL isn't coming on.

This is only a short term fix, as once the misfire count gets to a specific threshold, the CEL will start flashing again, but hopefully I'll get a few hundred miles out of it first.

My dealer told me that they any days away from a TSB release (less than 2 weeks) and we should be able to have it fixed once and for all.

OkieSnuffBox

forum member
Reaction score
I tried the 3rd/4th gear hold at 3700-3800 rpms then tip into the throttle a couple of times yesterday.........nothing happened.

Hope this issue gets resolved quickly for you guys.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I tried the 3rd/4th gear hold at 3700-3800 rpms then tip into the throttle a couple of times yesterday.........nothing happened.

Hope this issue gets resolved quickly for you guys.

Is your car stock and still operating under a stock PCM flash??

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
Well at least your #8 cylinder isn't catching on fire and jumping out of your motor like the '11-12's!!!!!! Pffftttt........what's a flashing light? put some black tape over it so you dont see it flashing!!!!! Lol!!!!!

Watch your mouth there...silly little man.....lol

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back