2013 GT500 production

SirKnightTG

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the 2013 GT500 production will end? I was just at a dealer (where I bought my 2006 GT) and this one dude said they stopped making them and are no longer taking orders.

They had a black with red stripes GT500 there with every option at about $67K. Too much for me, I just want recaros and the electronics package if possible. That dude was also talking about 5 to 10K markups and I said there is no way I am paying that. Not worth it at all. His reasoning is this is the last GT500 Shelby had a hand in but that's BS because they've been trying to mark these up since 2007.

Anyway, if anything that guy said is true it looks very likely a 2013 GT500 is not going to happen. :( FFFUUUUUUUUU!

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I don't know if production has stopped or not, but why don't you try a different dealership? There are quite a few of these out there right now. It's more likely that dealership doesn't have any more allocations and are trying to get you to buy the one they have. They can't order one if they don't have an allocation for it. Find another dealer who can either order one for you, or has the one you want. If you really want one, a little travelling shouldn't be out of the question.

SirKnightTG

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I plan on checking other dealers. From what I've just read they plan on making the GT500 through the winter.

My biggest worry is avoiding a markup.

Downs

forum member
Reaction score
My dealership has something like 4 of them sitting out front. The BOSS302 has center stage in the showroom though :D

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
just read some of that. with the price and all you would think they would make more of them.

probobly scaling down to prepair for 2015. but that doesn't make sence, somebody paying $60+ for a 650hp car is not going to wait a year for a $35k GT.

they are more likely to pick up a ZL1 or a vette

They are making more. That's what that whole thread is about. The extended production run.

SirKnightTG

forum member
Reaction score

Nickoli

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Keep your eyes out and you will find one. I got mine for under sticker used with 900 miles on it. I had an order in and canceled it. The guy you spoke to probably knew they couldn't get any more so said they weren't building any more. That stealership most likely already got their allocation.

SirKnightTG

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I think you're right.

I'd love to find one already used with few miles like that. Not having to pay the instant depreciation and stuff would rock. That's the sucky thing about new.

The search continues!! :D

Nickoli

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
so far these cars don't have the instant depreciation. I could get full msrp for mine now if I wanted to sell and it has 1,800 miles on it. This past July my friend sold his with 3,500 miles on it for 1,000 over sticker to a dealer lol. I got a hell of a deal and also saved over 2,000 in taxes buying from an individual.

matt06

forum member
Reaction score
so far these cars don't have the instant depreciation. I could get full msrp for mine now if I wanted to sell and it has 1,800 miles on it. This past July my friend sold his with 3,500 miles on it for 1,000 over sticker to a dealer lol. I got a hell of a deal and also saved over 2,000 in taxes buying from an individual.

dont mean to get off topic but didnt realize youd bought a '13 badass

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back