2013 GT500 pump wiring

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm sure y'all are tired of this, so am I

I received a technical data sheet back from Piersburg...it's a little difficult to interpret.

this pump has to methods of control, the pwm or the lin terminals. one or the other of these two signals are designed to operate the pump in its variable speed capability. it can operate from like 14 to 6000 rpm. there was no mention in the data sheet that I could find for bypassing the pwn or lin control.

the vendor however informed me that he's sold quite a few of these pumps, and by applying 12 volts to pins 3 and 4 and grounding 1, the pwm control is bypassed and the pump runs at full speed.

good enough for me. I asked him to bench test another pump or two to determine if the "squeal" my pump has on start up is normal. if it is, i'll keep it and plan to install it soon.

hope this helps.....still not sure how you guys are getting your pumps to work without a "wake up signal".

I attached the pdf from Piersburg for any of you curious technical types that want to look at it

Attachments

• DATASHEET_CWA-50_7.01360._SOE.pdf
    774.9 KB · Views: 12

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Good work. Now ask the guy if he'll sell you a raft of pumps for like $100 each. Profit!

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to your results

me too

the harness needed to run this pump is back ordered. tasca says it won't be available until May 5. Hopefully between now and then I can determine if my new pump is ok. I don't think it's normal for it to squeal for a few seconds on start up, but I asked Gearheadsurplus to bench test a couple of their pumps to see how they act. If they don't make noise on start up, then I'll return it for a different one.

FWIW, my intercooler system consists of the following:

Roush intercooler under the tvs blower
standard roush degas bottle for the kit
lower cobra/gt500 heat exchanger
upper roush heat exchanger with a perma cool 14" fan
standard bosch pump sandwiched between the two heat exchangers

all this and the ait's today (92 degrees outside) were hovering around 130 degrees.

the only planned change at this point is the new pump.

i'm open to any other suggestions from anyone with ideas how to substantially improve/lower ait2f readings....besides adding ice as it's impractical for daily driving

thanks

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You won't change much unless you blow a lot of money.

not really wanting to do that, lol. hopefully the pump will be beneficial. I don't really want to go to an afco dual pass with dual fans or anything like that. hopefully this will be satisfactory, or at least net a few degrees improvement.

btw.....

anyone wanting to add the roush upper heat exchanger....they're available as scratch and dents with no mounting brackets for $82 on ebay. I even thought about buying another one and stacking them in front of each other and making my own dual pass heat exchanger of sorts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Roush-F...ash=item2cab58e069:g:npgAAOSw2ENW8aoP&vxp=mtr

Last edited:

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
If anyone wants a heat exchanger just as the one above with custom brackets to mount to an 05-09 car (for sure, possibly others,) I'll be getting rid of mine shortly.

travelers

Reaction score
me too

the harness needed to run this pump is back ordered. tasca says it won't be available until May 5. Hopefully between now and then I can determine if my new pump is ok. I don't think it's normal for it to squeal for a few seconds on start up, but I asked Gearheadsurplus to bench test a couple of their pumps to see how they act. If they don't make noise on start up, then I'll return it for a different one.

FWIW, my intercooler system consists of the following:

Roush intercooler under the tvs blower
standard roush degas bottle for the kit
lower cobra/gt500 heat exchanger
upper roush heat exchanger with a perma cool 14" fan
standard bosch pump sandwiched between the two heat exchangers

all this and the ait's today (92 degrees outside) were hovering around 130 degrees.

the only planned change at this point is the new pump.

i'm open to any other suggestions from anyone with ideas how to substantially improve/lower ait2f readings....besides adding ice as it's impractical for daily driving

thanks

How about posting some pics of your setup

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
I have the VMP stage 2 tvs setup with their triple pass dual fan heat exchanger. Standard intercooler, degas, and bosch pump. When it gets into the mid to high 80s and the car is fully heat soaked it is in the mid 120s at 40mph cruise. Your numbers aren't anything unusual that I can assure you.

I may swap out for a better pump at some point down the road but for now I'm leaving it alone. Pump or heat exchanger are the easiest things to change.

E85 would be nice too. Unfortunately not available this area.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How about posting some pics of your setup

I might do that tomorrow

I was wrong about the bottom heat exchanger....well...I don't really know how big the older cobra heat exchangers are, or the gt500, but the bottom heat exchanger is only 24 inches long and about 5 inches wide and 2 inches think. that's about as big a heat exchanger that will fit between the frame rails behind the bumper in a f150.

it's really not much to see, two heat exchangers and a pump with a fan, but i'll take some pics tomorrow

I have the VMP stage 2 tvs setup with their triple pass dual fan heat exchanger. Standard intercooler, degas, and bosch pump. When it gets into the mid to high 80s and the car is fully heat soaked it is in the mid 120s at 40mph cruise. Your numbers aren't anything unusual that I can assure you.

that's good to know

Last edited:

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Guess what my IAT's were cruising in a bone stock 2015 Mustang V6 vert with plastic intake, inlet, airbox, etc... @ around 80F ambient?

120F.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Afco dual fan, moroso tank and when I added the gt500 pump my AIT while cruising in hot HI air dropped to around 114. Before it was 130+.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
That's interesting.

My story is different, I didn't see much of a difference in cruising IAT's's adding the 2013 GT500 pump and a better heat exchanger, even though I went from an M90 to a 1.9 TVS turning more slowly. To many changes at once.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back