2014 3.7 to 4.6 swap??????

Matthew axel

Reaction score
Is it possible to swap a 4.6 from a older mustang in 2014 mustang 3.7 I want it because of the sound not power also cause I’m on a budget and motors are like 1500

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
You'd need to swap a lot more than just the motor and it isn't worth the effort and expense.
If you really want the 4.6 motor that badly, buy a clean low mileage '05-'10 GT and either sell your car or leave it as it is.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
not a good move, more weight, same power and as Dino suggested, you'd have to swap in a lot of different parts (wiring harness, ECU, dash cluster jump to mind quickly)

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You'll spend 5 times the cost of the engine to swap and almost certainly never finish the project.

Save yourself the headache, trade the 2014 and all the money you will spend and buy a 4.6 GT or even a 5.0 GT. They are getting down in price to be affordable.

Matthew axel

Reaction score
Ok then well in that case how much would a complete coyote swap run me give or take ??

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
At least the same, likely more. Engine swapping a V8 into a car that is available with a V8 never makes financial sense. It's a hard target to define as you can save in many places and spend a ton in many places.

If you want to through money away, send it to me instead. LOL!!

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
But the coyote swap is more feasable, as that engine did come in that year chassis. Should only really need an engine and pcm.

I think it can be done for $6000. Find a used/junkyard coyote that runs and needs nothing but an oil change and spark plugs.
Everything else you would have to get for the 4.6 as well. The only difference is the cost kf the engine.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back