2015 mustang hits the track

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Looks like a closer match to a 2dr honda accord than a 1965 mustang. Leastways from the side anyway.

And I'm not a h8r either. I think it looks... OK.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Looks like a closer match to a 2dr honda accord than a 1965 mustang. Leastways from the side anyway.

And I'm not a h8r either. I think it looks... OK.

Like I said, look closer and at the details. It's called meticulous.

As far as saying the 1/4 window looks like an Accord, the 68-69 Mustang had that shaped longggggg before a fucking Accord.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

As far as saying the 1/4 window looks like an Accord, the 68-69 Mustang had that shaped longggggg before a fucking Accord.

So did the 71-73 Mustang fastbacks.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Using similar shapes is going to happen between different car models.
You don't think someone could provide examples of past vehicles, compare them, and find a lot less similarities than we are seeing now? So why must they be so similar looking now?
Put the mustang next to those cars it's accused of copying and I'd bet a drastic and immediately recognizable difference.
He did that in the pictures he posted (marc). They aren't identical. But they look a lot closer than a 2002 camaro SS and a 2002 mustang GT. As in a helluva lot closer.

But w/e why debate it. You either like it, love it, or you don't. It's not like those who like the aesthetics are going to change their mind because it looks similar to x or y other car.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Haha. I thought that was a photoshop of yellow? I dunno, I need a more realistic photo of the yellow. It seems lighter and less dense.

Here is a video of the yellow ... I am really digging the Grudge color but I want to see it in person first.

Last edited:

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Cars have been borrowing body lines and ideas for many many years... this was one I always noticed since I was a kid. 1969 Mustang and the Datsun 280z...

2i09.jpg

vtl2.jpg

This guy obviously saw exactly what I did and modified it accordingly...

qnbz.jpg

You don't think someone could provide examples of past vehicles, compare them, and find a lot less similarities than we are seeing now? So why must they be so similar looking now?

He did that in the pictures he posted (marc). They aren't identical. But they look a lot closer than a 2002 camaro SS and a 2002 mustang GT. As in a helluva lot closer.

But w/e why debate it. You either like it, love it, or you don't. It's not like those who like the aesthetics are going to change their mind because it looks similar to x or y other car.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
Safety regs and epa mileage requirements have a lot to do with cars looking similar. Higher belt lines are the result of requirements to protect pedestrians when they are hit and to bring bumpers closer between trucks/SUVs and cars. The shape of both the camaro and mustang are similar because the shape improves are flow around and past the rear of the car. This reduces drag and gives better mileage. There is also a factor of widening the fenders vs the greenhouse to fit wider wheel and tire combos while retaining a wide track for better handling.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 4

monk36

forum member
Reaction score

Well ya, they do. What I really meant about this is that comparisons using individual pictures of each can really only be done to compare the similar shapes used. If viewed side by side in person, it would be immediately obvious that the Mustang is lower, wider, has a longer hood, shorter rear deck, flatter lines (as opposed to the unnecessary rake of the honda's lines), and vertically a thinner "bubble" for the cabin area, many of these dimensions, with over an inch in difference. These differences alone would be much better translated in person, and I think would make for a striking contrast.

I'll give you that they share many similar shapes, but how those shapes work together in proportion to one another give off a totally different vibe for the two cars.

For example, I'd think the Accord has about as much in common as below, but gives off a totally different vibe in person than the similarities might indicate. I'd also say that the Mustang has much more in common with astons than accords.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    386.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score

I thought most of us (auto enthusiast) put a good amount of effort into making our cars unique in some way to kinda stand out among the heard? I don't care about "lines being borrowed". What I do care about is when two current late model production cars from two completely different companies, cultures and intended purpose (or target market) look so close to each other that at quick glance, I can't tell which one is which. And that is what happened to me.

It just so happens that a few days ago, I bought a new Dart LTD for my daughter. We spent some time at the Honda dealer that same weekend. When I looked at the reveal pics, I thought I was on the wrong site because I thought I was looking at Honda Accords.

Now, with that said... do I dislike Honda's... no. I just want to drive something unique. That's all. I am not a big fan of Euro styling, which is what Honda and Ford went for. Look at the current Mercedes lineup as a good example of Euro styling. So, this Mustang is not my cup of tea.

Will I overlook it and buy one due to performance? Eh, who knows. I thought the SN95 was hideous and refused to buy one. Kinda feeling the same about the S550. I'll stick to my S197 for now.

Last edited:

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
people are going crazy and discussing all sorts of s550 details and im just over here goin like how much can i slam my 14 with these stretched ass tires.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I thought most of us (auto enthusiast) put a good amount of effort into making our cars unique in some way to kinda stand out among the heard? I don't care about "lines being borrowed". What I do care about is when two current late model production cars from two completely different companies, cultures and intended purpose (or target market) look so close to each other that at quick glance, I can't tell which one is which. And that is what happened to me.

It just so happens that a few days ago, I bought a new Dart LTD for my daughter. We spent some time at the Honda dealer that same weekend. When I looked at the reveal pics, I thought I was on the wrong site because I thought I was looking at Honda Accords.

Now, with that said... do I dislike Honda's... no. I just want to drive something unique. That's all. I am not a big fan of Euro styling, which is what Honda and Ford went for. Look at the current Mercedes lineup as a good example of Euro styling. So, this Mustang is not my cup of tea.

Will I overlook it and buy one due to performance? Eh, who knows. I thought the SN95 was hideous and refused to buy one. Kinda feeling the same about the S550. I'll stick to my S197 for now.

I understand what you mean about making our cars look unique, that's is what I am aiming for with mine, but it's not the priority.

Maybe I haven't been paying attention to other manufacturers, which I really haven't, but I couldn't care any less if it looks similiar to another car. That's how it is nowadays. But I do know how to recognize the fine details and advancement of the 2015 Mustang. It's not always about the quick glance look of a car. I'm very meticulous.

That's fine that you're not a fan of it, and we all knew Ford was building the 2015 Mustang to be a world class car, and honestly even though there is really no details released, I feel as if they accomplised that mission. They didn't build it to please us hardcore enthusiast. I think Ford deserves a great amount of reconigition for the 2015 Mustang. Not everyone likes it, but it has seemed to be widely appluaded from the masses.

We can always change, and will change it if you're an enthusiast, the look of our cars so it does stand out and look unique. In the end, it doesn't matter what someone else thinks of your car, unless you badge it as something it's not, because it's YOUR car and we tailor it to our taste.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
I couldn't care any less
:clap:

Love it when someone uses that correctly. Pet peeve of mine. lol

I think the new car looks OK. I'm not in love with it but I am not a hater whatsoever. I like the front end the best I think and it looks good with some stripes on there. I like how Ford put a stronger bottom end in this one. I know the "old" 5.0 can typically handle a fair amount of power before kaboom this one should be better yet.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
...It's not always about the quick glance look of a car. I'm very meticulous....

Now you are starting to sound like Darren! 6 miles on his Mustang and you can eat off of the engine and his garage floor. hahahaha

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
:clap:

Love it when someone uses that correctly. Pet peeve of mine. lol

I think the new car looks OK. I'm not in love with it but I am not a hater whatsoever. I like the front end the best I think and it looks good with some stripes on there. I like how Ford put a stronger bottom end in this one. I know the "old" 5.0 can typically handle a fair amount of power before kaboom this one should be better yet.

LOL yeah, I don't like when people use it incorrectly also.

Well, the stock bottom end on 11-14s is more than enough for most people who will put bolt-ons or a blower with the manfucturer's tune.

Maybe Ford also revised the block for the 2015 in addition to the other changes.

Now you are starting to sound like Darren! 6 miles on his Mustang and you can eat off of the engine and his garage floor. hahahaha

:roflmao:

Well, I racked up 13,8XX miles in 10 months on mine. She's been in snow, rain, etc. So I'm far from being like him. I do like her clean though. Engine bay cleanliness is a pet peeve for me.

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
Don't think these have been posted here yet. Makes for a good base vs base comparison in less "artistic" shots.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Edit: may be wrong, but I think this may be PP ecoboost. Still a good comparison with the outgoing v6 model. I don't think the new ecoboost's stance is any different with the addition of the PP, but don't quote me on that.

Last edited:

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Looks a hell of a lot better than all of the other shots I've seen so far. I am guessing it looks much better in person too. Thanks for sharing.

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
Looks a hell of a lot better than all of the other shots I've seen so far. I am guessing it looks much better in person too. Thanks for sharing.

Np, it really does help to get a sense of scale to the road, people, and other vehicle types when looking at a car with a hunkered down stance like this. Otherwise, it's hard to visualize those reference points.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
White looks better Ted. That yellow looks femanine, but that would be fitting for you huh? LOL

White would have been my next choice if they didnt offer yellow. I'm glad they did.. everyone was saying there would be none..

Haha. I thought that was a photoshop of yellow? I dunno, I need a more realistic photo of the yellow. It seems lighter and less dense.

dude.. really? I posted my photoshop skills here before.. it was about as good as my plasti-dip :oops:

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
I really like the looks of the 15 got my Road & Track mag today i really like the looks of the rear of the new car.
The only thing i wish they would have kept is the functional vented hood like the 13-14.. But with my plans for drag strip / street use and I'm not a corner carver I'm happy i got the 14 and with all the rebate money/discount and it having the solid 8.8 axle it was the car for me and my intended use.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back