2015 Stang pics

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
The definition of muscle car has never been set in stone.

To me it's a pony car. But w/e.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Can't quit mocking up ideas on the new platform.... Here is one with a cowl hood and a much more dramatic chin spoiler than my previous pic. Damn I really want one of these now!

9zgo.jpg

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
I can't wait to start messing with this car. SO MANY IDEAS!

Looks good! Now imagine if the diffuser fins were big enough to actually do something and they tied into a completely flat underbody...

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Just curious... Anyone else semi concerned about the side mirrors? I see mirrors get hit by grocery bags and "Fluffy" sized folks, backpack, heck my own stupid self, and worry these look kind of fragile in the photos... Or at least a danger to the door skin as they get bent one way or the other...

FR500GT

forum member
Reaction score
Just curious... Anyone else semi concerned about the side mirrors? I see mirrors get hit by grocery bags and "Fluffy" sized folks, backpack, heck my own stupid self, and worry these look kind of fragile in the photos... Or at least a danger to the door skin as they get bent one way or the other...

Nope, so many cars already have mirrors mounted like this. I'm sure ford did a stress test on them as well.

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
My understanding of Muscle v. Pony cars is that muscle cars are big cars, with a big motor, meant to go fast in a straight line while pony cars (Mustang, Camaro, Firebird, etc.) were built lighter with smaller motors (428s and the like being an exception) to handle better and drive better outside of a straight line. As big as the Mustangs got in 1970 though, I'm not sure where I'd place those. So Challenger, GTO, Torino, Chevelle, Nova, etc. would be Muscle Cars, whilst Mustangs, Camaros, Firebirds, etc. would be Pony Cars.

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
My understanding of Muscle v. Pony cars is that muscle cars are big cars, with a big motor, meant to go fast in a straight line while pony cars (Mustang, Camaro, Firebird, etc.) were built lighter with smaller motors (428s and the like being an exception) to handle better and drive better outside of a straight line. As big as the Mustangs got in 1970 though, I'm not sure where I'd place those. So Challenger, GTO, Torino, Chevelle, Nova, etc. would be Muscle Cars, whilst Mustangs, Camaros, Firebirds, etc. would be Pony Cars.

The way it was explained to me was that Muscle cars were, as you said, full sized, sedan based cars with big V8's generally meant to appease hot rodders who liked burning down the local quarter mile... the stipulation was that most Muscle cars were manual brakes and manual steering which required some added effort to and muscle to drive, hence Muscle Car.

The Mustang will always be a Pony Car, it was meant to be smaller (even if it ended up the same size), lighter and have an array of potent but smaller engines. I don't consider the Boss 429 to be a Muscle Car either, nor the GT500, although they've got the massive motors they are in a much more nimble chassis than most Muscle Cars had.

05redvert

Reaction score
Muscle car is a term used to refer to a variety of high-performance automobiles.[1] The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines muscle cars as "any of a group of American-made 2-door sports coupes with powerful engines designed for high-performance driving."[2] A large V8 engine is fitted in a 2-door, rear wheel drive, family-style mid-size or full-size car designed for four or more passengers...... ill just leave this here

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
For all the people sayin it looks like a BRZ has anyone ever seen a BRZ in person? the mustang looks nothing like it all. I can normally see resemblances in cars when people point them out, I see absolutely nothing in the 15 Mustang that says BRZ

Synyster06Gates

forum member
Reaction score
For all the people sayin it looks like a BRZ has anyone ever seen a BRZ in person? the mustang looks nothing like it all. I can normally see resemblances in cars when people point them out, I see absolutely nothing in the 15 Mustang that says BRZ

Hyperbole. At least I hope. There are a lot of people that can't take that the style is changing. If it were up to these people, we'd have the same exact car 30 years in a row. Kinda sad really.

Last edited:

Synyster06Gates

forum member
Reaction score
I'd still take a 1967 fastback 30 years from now...

The reason you'd take a 67 fastback is because it's rare (and sexy). If they made the 67 fastback every year since then, it wouldn't be anything special. Think about every single Mustang you see on the road. Now imagine if every one of them was 67 fastback. The desire just wouldn't be there for me.

Back