3V Adjustable Cam Gears

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting rid of the phasers and limiters I have and just going with adjustable gears. Who's done this and what are the best options. I read somewhere in the past that some have experienced gear failures.

So far I've been looking at the Paschal Performance gears.

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
Why dont you just lock the phasers?

I know the plate bolts in one phaser are screwed because Livernois recommended 210 in-lbs of torque which is way too high. The threads start to yield at about 170. If I take that one apart to replace the limiters with lockouts it'll never hold again. The phasers have no centerline adjustablility either. I figure if I'm taking it apart again I might as well degree the cams in perfectly.

07 procharger

Addicted to modding
Reaction score
I know the plate bolts in one phaser are screwed because Livernois recommended 210 in-lbs of torque which is way too high. The threads start to yield at about 170. If I take that one apart to replace the limiters with lockouts it'll never hold again. The phasers have no centerline adjustablility either. I figure if I'm taking it apart again I might as well degree the cams in perfectly.

i broke a bolt as well going to 210 inch pounds...i made livernois send me all new bolts for free.

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
ILW84U (Rick) tore the threads out of his phaser (bolts were fine) trying to reach 210. Fortunately DirtyDogoftheDesert had a spare.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i had em. they didnt work right, gushed oil through em when it was only supposed to be a tricle. Ill sell em to ya

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
i had em. they didnt work right, gushed oil through em when it was only supposed to be a tricle. Ill sell em to ya

Who made them? Did you use the stock cam bolts (hollow)? I assumed that one would use solid bolts that would block the oil path. PM me a price.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
50 bucks and they are yours. you use the stock bolts, but remove the washer on the bolt.

Modular Cam Ponenets. I got them from Boss 330. Modular Camponenets makes em for everyone iirc

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
50 bucks and they are yours. you use the stock bolts, but remove the washer on the bolt.

Modular Cam Ponenets. I got them from Boss 330. Modular Camponenets makes em for everyone iirc

I'll let you know about the buy in the next few days. After your glowing endorsement I'll need to do a little more research. Thanks for the heads-up anyway!

I've heard that the cam gears from the V10 3V will work (it's non VCT). Anyone know for sure?

eng943

forum member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting rid of the phasers and limiters I have and just going with adjustable gears. Who's done this and what are the best options. I read somewhere in the past that some have experienced gear failures.

So far I've been looking at the Paschal Performance gears.

How have the limiters let you down?

spyder7724

Reaction score
i used a set of livernois lockouts and had them machined down then made shims to allow for adjustment of the cam timng for degreeing. now they are perfectly degreed and locked.
we'll see if the hold together in a couple weeks:)

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
We may have a set of stock gears laying around. If we do, we'll work you out a killer deal on those with our BBR VCT Lockouts.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back