3v Budget Build

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
however some have reported they didnt, so you just take a sharpie to the links on opposite ends when you lay it flat

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
I want to make sure I have the correct tooling to reset the timing. Anything else I need.

Cam degree kit, TFS 90000 needed
Adjustable lasher (in house)
Piston stop (in house)
Cam phaser bolts, needed
Crank bolt, (in house)
Crank sprocket, needed

hammeron

forum member
Reaction score
if pulling the timing cover off, i would use new timing cover gaskets but thats just me. yes, you probably can reuse, but i would go with new.

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
Update, I spoke to the engine builder and explained what I had done to trouble shoot. Long story short he told me he was going to make it right.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Update, I spoke to the engine builder and explained what I had done to trouble shoot. Long story short he told me he was going to make it right.

Are pulling it out and taking it back to him to check it out as is?

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
Well I got the timing figured out now its just tuning. I did drive the car but it's really difficult to drive. It cuts out when your drive and the RPM drops like a rock. Attached is a short vid at idle.

http://youtu.be/SEFoQM6LQPw

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
It was perfectly timed out of phase 180 degrees and perfect on the driver side. Now I'm working with Lito to dial in the tuning. The car sounds really good. I'm sure it would sound better without any cats but no can to in Cali just not worth the risk.

hammeron

forum member
Reaction score
very glad you got it worked out! keep up with the updates. i remember when you first got the non intercooled whipple kit.

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
My car is running pretty good and has great power with cams that just don't quit pulling and apparently love sucking gas. I know I was going to lose some gas mileage but 8 miles per gallon just can't be right but maybe it is for the 127550 cams. Lol oh boy this is gonna be fun.

On another note I found a TR6060 that only has 6k on it. The only issue with the deal is that it's just the tranny nothing else. I have to find the shifter, cross member, DS, clutch, clutch line etc..they want $1500 for just the tranny hmmm. I found a one piece DS for a pretty good deal too.

Last edited:

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
Cross memeber u can get one of eBay for 70-80$
Ds go through driveshaft shop
Clutch get the McLeod rxt clutch and flywheel and clutch line. What I did call Blake Holcomb @ Holcomb motor sports he gave me a awesome deal on it all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back