3v Budget Build

travelers

Reaction score
Got some more goodies,

I also pick up a fuel rails and 60lbs injectors. Since the motor is coming I'm wondering if I should replace my Spec 3+ or keep using it until it goes out. Right now it's got about 30k on it and still grabs very well.

That's the damper I'm using and we use on our race car, one of the best.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
i picked up one to, looking forward to having it on my new build

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
That's the damper I'm using and we use on our race car, one of the best.
Yes sir!!
i picked up one to, looking forward to having it on my new build
I'm two weeks away from install can't wait.

Thinking I might as well replace the clutch since I'm there. Im looking at the Exedy Mach 400 to replace my Spec 3+.

Last edited:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
man my shop said 2 months from finished short block, think ill cry.......

need to live vicariously through others

I picked up a mcloed RST

Wraith

forum member
Reaction score
Took me about a year to get mine from my shop. Their bread and butter was during dirt track season[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
Well I started my motor swap finally. I was able to pull the motor out today and start disassembly/assembly. I found that my Spec 3+ is just about gone so now I've got to order a new clutch. I got 30k out of this one I'm thinking to passing on the spec and going with the Exedy.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/exedy-mach400-stage2-clutch-kit-0510.html#customerReviews

I thought there were a few guys here running this one with some pretty good success.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
That's one way to get the motor out! Never seen anyone use straps like that before. Looks like a good idea but you may have trouble when it's time to drop the new motor in since you may not be able to tilt it as needed to line up with the bell housing. Good luck!

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
Its all I had, chains are in the works! I don't think I did not bad considering this is the first time me doing something like this.

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
I got the motor back in today and was hoping finish up but I ran out of time. I won't be able to finish up until next week.

Razorbed

forum member
Reaction score
I like the flat black Timing cover in combination with the ATI very much!
My build is very similar to yours, good luck!

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, my buddy has been pretty cool for allowing me to take up space in his shop. I'm gonna give him some cash even though I know he won't take it. Anyway I ran into a small problem I was getting ready to fire it up when we found a leak turns out I have a cracked radiator. A new radiator is at the shop now and I'm on my way there to finish it off. I got a tune from Lito too.

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
It fired up but only the passenger side firing. I got nothing on the driver side. I'm checking all of my connections.

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
I found a broken ground from the engine on the driver side but now that is fixed and still no start.

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
Could this be a timing issue? It's only running on 4 cylinders, it's got spark and fuel on the driver side but it's not firing. I'm getting ready to do a compression test.

Last edited:

hammeron

forum member
Reaction score
seems like it almost has to be the cam timing on the drivers side...hoping you find the issue soon.

Back