4.6 to 5.0 swap.

Discussion in 'Hardcore Tech=*MOTOR SWAPS*' started by Parker, Mar 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Parker

Parker Junior Member

I have a 2007 mustang gt with the 5 speed manual transmission. My motor is blown and I would like to swap it to a 5.0. Will the 1st gen coyote bolt up without fabricating a new oil pan. Also would I be able to keep my transmission? If anyone has any advice, or experience doing this I'd love to hear from you

2. shard phoenix

shard phoenix Junior Member

I've been researching my 4.6 to 5.0 swap as well. Your trans will bolt up, coyote will bolt in. The big hiccups are fuel and wiring.

3. Dino Dino Bambino

Dino Dino Bambino I have a red car

Here's a parts list for you. Hope you have at least $10k in your budget.

• Used ‘15-‘17 GT engine
    • Control Pack: M-6017-504V ‘15-‘17 GT w/ Manual Transmission
    • PBH N/A Coyote Swap Accessory Drive bracket kit: COY-ENG-BRKT
    • PBH '11+ Coyote Alternator kit: SWAP-ALT-SC (if not included with engine)
    • PBH Dakota Digital Speedometer Signal Interface: PCP-SPEEDO
    • PBH Coyote Swap Fuel System: PBH-FSS197
    • ’11-’14 GT Kooks 1-3/4" Long tube Headers & Midpipe
    • ’11-’14 GT MBRP XP Catbacks Street Version (need to swap hangers from '05-'10 GT mufflers)
    • ’11-’14 GT Right Hand Heater Hose: BR3Z18472B (if not included with engine)
    • ’11-’14 GT Left Hand Heater Hose: BR3Z18472D (if not included with engine)
    • ’11-’14 GT Upper Radiator Hose: BR3Z8260BA
    • '11-'14 GT Lower Radiator Hose: KM-5136
    • Ford Performance Roller Pilot Bearing: M-7600-B
    The accessory drive bracket kit will allow you to retain the existing '05-'10 PS pump & AC compressor in their stock locations.

4. Juice

Juice forum member

Some of the major challenges of the swap are: power steering, wiring, PATS bypass, and check engine light due to some inputs the pcm wont recognize (fuel level p0460 code). Wiring and pcm programming are the toughest hurdles.

5. Racer47

Racer47 Doesn't have much to say S197 Team Member

It really does not seem like its worth the effort and cost. What is wrong with the original motor, beside "blown"? Is the block windowed? Heads damaged? etc

6. RocketcarX

RocketcarX 95% of my weight is fuel

Throw a junkyard replacement in the car and add a supercharger

7. Dino Dino Bambino

Dino Dino Bambino I have a red car

Or buy a junkyard engine, have the cylinders rehoned, rebuilt it with new rod & main bearings/billet oil pump gears/forged rods & pistons with new rings, add your favourite supercharger kit, and get a custom dyno tune. The engine will then have no problem surviving as much as 700rwhp and the drivetrain will be the next weakest link to deal with.