5.3 Badge on a Ford?

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
OK a silly question, but as I'm working on a 326 stroker, I was thinking of swapping the GT fender emblem / badge for something different. I was thinking a "5.3" emblem similar to the '11-14 "5.0" emblem. A few people noted they think of Chevy when they see a 5.3 and think it's odd on a Ford. Others agree?

On the other hand, I'm looking at options for a "326" emblem but all the best options for custom badges are about $100/each. All the OE styles are from Dodge or Pontiac.

Thoughts?

P.S.
I know, it's my car, I should do what I like. Just wanted some initial feedback from the Mustang purists. :)

MechE

forum member
Reaction score
Meh. As long as it isn't a 454 or 350, and you aren't rockin' a "heartbeat of America" license plate bracket, I'd be cool with it.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It will look odd in my opinion.

Are you opposed to rounding it up to 5.4? You are only 3 cubic inches away.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
rounding up doesnt sound bad.

the 4.6 is down slightly and the 5.0 is up slightly IIRC

king_13

Reaction score
Why a poser? I have a 4.94L engine and have no problem with a 5.0 emblem.

If I saw a 5.3 emblem on a Mustang at a meet/show, it would pique my interest and I'd assume you did an engine swap. Then proceed to ask you more about it. It definitely would catch my attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score

If I saw a 5.3 emblem on a Mustang at a meet/show, it would pique my interest and I'd assume you did an engine swap. Then proceed to ask you more about it. It definitely would catch my attention.

My first thought is - 5.0 Foxes with 347 Strokers still rock 5.0 badges for the most part. But then I agree with the above statement, too.

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score

I dunno. If the math worked out to 5.38L I'd just go for it but it comes out to 5.34L. I'm sure someone will call me out on it.

Good point on the 5.3 badge though. I think it looks OE but unique!

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
My first thought is - 5.0 Foxes with 347 Strokers still rock 5.0 badges for the most part. But then I agree with the above statement, too.

That's the thing too. Most modern Mustangs rock the Liter displacement. I do like the idea of a 5.3 badge but a few already gave me grief.

The old school ones rock the tri bar with CID on the badge (except for the BOSS or the ones with the CID on the nose). If I can find a good size tri bar badge I could get a small 1"x1" custom piece of stainless with the 326 on it. Still searching.

king_13

Reaction score
fypqqf.jpg

travelers

Reaction score
I like being sneaky and keep them guessing. I started telling people that I have a noisy 6, and some actually believe me.

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score

king_13

Reaction score
I like being sneaky and keep them guessing. I started telling people that I have a noisy 6, and some actually believe me.

Whenever a ricer or ignorant SS/Challenger driver pulls up to me and talks shit, I say it's just a V6, and proceed to spank them.

People that know cars know what 5.0s can do, all my die hard import buddies even use it as a benchmark for their cars.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back