5r55s to TR3650 swap

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Thanks to 007GTCS I now have the Hurst Handle and a different knob. Looks great, and feels amazing..

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Update: I am 10,000 miles into my new setup and she runs flawlessly! Absolutely love the car, so glad I made the conversion happen!

HateBreeder

Reaction score
Update: I am 10,000 miles into my new setup and she runs flawlessly! Absolutely love the car, so glad I made the conversion happen!

I've did it few moths ago & I love it ... :clap: ...Did any one get the cruise control working?

HateBreeder

Reaction score
I've done it few moths ago ... and I love it :clap: ... Any luck with the speed limiter issue ?

VolDead08

Mustang Addict
Reaction score
No, the transmission will not bolt up to the 4.0. I do know that someone makes a bell housing adapter plate, but unsure if he still makes it. There was a guy running around with a Procharged V6 with a TR6060 and 8.8 rear end, idk any more then that. I looked into it when I planned on swapping my V6 into a GT, and doing piece by piece first.

chair

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome! doing this tranny was a nightmare for me since i had to angle the transmission almost 45* and the tranny jack broke. i should have tilted the engine a bit like you did. now i know!

ChrisGT

Nice Shirt Bilkins
Reaction score
I love reading through this thread every now and then... really glad you took the time to make it. Now I'm just waiting for the 5r55s to grenade itself so it will give me an excuse to tear apart the car lol

ChrisGT

Nice Shirt Bilkins
Reaction score
Well I got my wish this week... At 100,666 miles 3rd gear began slipping bad. Now it doesn't really go anywhere in 3rd, it just revs up. It also takes forever to shift from 2-3.

At least mine is still drive-able, I should be able to make it a few more weeks while I piece together the parts for the swap. OP I just want you to know how thankful I am for this thread.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Awesome! doing this tranny was a nightmare for me since i had to angle the transmission almost 45* and the tranny jack broke. i should have tilted the engine a bit like you did. now i know!

Yeah my trans jack bit the dust as well so I had to put wood under the front of the trans on the jack to angle it enough to fit it up into the body cavity to slide it up and into the back end of the motor.

you gave the auto pedal? if so I would like to buy them if u still have them. Shoot me a pm on price shipped to 63628!!!
Sorry, Just saw this. Yes I still have it.

Great thread.
Lots of info and pics.

Thanks for posting !
You're welcome! I figured I would hopefully help a few people when they found themselves in my situation and also I figured if people were on the fence of the swap, this would help them take the plunge. People told me "part out ur car and trade it in for a manual" that had to be the most used phrase and the dumbest thing I've heard lol..

I love reading through this thread every now and then... really glad you took the time to make it. Now I'm just waiting for the 5r55s to grenade itself so it will give me an excuse to tear apart the car lol
Hahaha, You're welcome bud! Glad to help even the slightest bit!

Well I got my wish this week... At 100,666 miles 3rd gear began slipping bad. Now it doesn't really go anywhere in 3rd, it just revs up. It also takes forever to shift from 2-3.

At least mine is still drive-able, I should be able to make it a few more weeks while I piece together the parts for the swap. OP I just want you to know how thankful I am for this thread.

Ouch, yeah mine died in every gear and left me stranded in a turning lane lol. Thankfully my father has an F150 and tow straps so he was able to drag it out of direct danger and into a parking lot until AAA came.

If you have any questions when you start, feel free to PM me!

RideThePony14

Reaction score
great thread dude! I have an 05 auto gt and I'm stuck between attempting a swap and saving some money or just saying screw it and find a used 5.0

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
great thread dude! I have an 05 auto gt and I'm stuck between attempting a swap and saving some money or just saying screw it and find a used 5.0

Thanks brother! If you want to upgrade go for it, for me i love my car too much and its been paid off years ago so I definitely enjoy it that much more.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back