5r55s to TR3650 swap

Aprildave

Reaction score
Were you able to reuse your original driveshaft? Thinking of doing the samething to mine,I have a one piece aluminum in there right now

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Were you able to reuse your original driveshaft? Thinking of doing the samething to mine,I have a one piece aluminum in there right now

Yes original driveshaft works. The GT auto and manual are the exact same car.

mustanacc

Reaction score
Definitely interested in how this is going to turn out. I will be adimately following this bro. Good luck. Any helpful tips along the way that you can offer please let me know.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Definitely interested in how this is going to turn out. I will be adimately following this bro. Good luck. Any helpful tips along the way that you can offer please let me know.

It's been like 1.5-2 years since its been done.

aboody roush

Reaction score
Haven't had time to install the hood struts, or the pedals from his bullitt but it is going to look great. Also got a harness from him to plug in my clutch/brake pedal switches. I will see if the cruise control works after I install it.

please can you help me
i want parts number for harness clutch/brake pedal switches
thank you

Jafo470

Reaction score
With the 5r55s in my 06 nearing the end of it's life I am researching this option. The one question I have concerning the wiring harness is if I decide to get one from a manual, is it the entire harness from PCM (manual pcm sourced from donor car) to transmission or does the transmission harness connect somewhere in between?
I read in the thread the harness should be replaced but it was not clear to me if it is the entire thing.

TheCrowdPlow

Reaction score
Im in the same process at the moment. Currently at the step of modifying the auto harness to work with the manual. Does anyone know on the round 11/12 wire plug which are the 2 im supposed to cut and solder together? I followed this guide https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/auto-to-manual-trans-how-to-guide.783401/ but the 2 wire he says to cut (red/blue and white/pink) and solder togther, my plug doesnt have those 2 wire colors. Also he says its a 12 wire plug and mine is 11. Im thinking cause my car is a 2010 and his was a 2005, so Ford probably changed wire colors.

Please can someone help me, Ive gotten no answers on multiple forums now.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back