Abs module configuration need help using forscan to reinitialize the module pass1over do it some tim

Bigred12

Reaction score
Hi need help reinitialize the abs module using forscan I read sometime ago pass1over did it but I the step by step to get there any help will be appreciated thx

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
I saved my ASBUILT data from my original ABS unit onto my laptop. You go into PATS, Module Initialization, and then click ABS module. It will initialize it through a approx. 12min process and then you can import your ASBUILT data into the new module.

If you just install the used module, you'll get more codes than you started with as the car doesn't recognize it.

Bigred12

Reaction score
Thx for reply, my problem is that when I went to pats and started it doesn't show the abs module I tried it a couple of times and it shows module initialize but no choice of modules.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
If you click on Module Initialization, what happens?
I can't recall if you have to click that first and then you get a list of modules or not.

Bigred12

Reaction score
It start but don't show any module choice, not at the beginning or the end.

Bigred12

Reaction score
Hi did you have any other ideas about how to do this I will appreciate it thxxxxxx

Bigred12

Reaction score
Try everything I can with no luck, but thanks anyway appreciate your help thxxxxxx

Bigred12

Reaction score
Hi pass1over did you remember any other missing step for the abs module programming it will be very helpful thx in advance

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
If you change ANY module, you have to delete the old Forscan profile and reconnect. Let Forscan scan the car again. Now all modules should show. Or, the abs module is not communicating.
You should also reset the pcm learned values and cycle the key. PCM will rescan the CAN and "handshake" with all other modules.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
Downloaded existing ASBUILT data onto laptop with your original ABS module installed.
Turn car off and swap out the ABS unit.
Turn car back on, go into PATS, Module Initialization, and then click ABS module. It will initialize it through a approx. 12min process and then you can import your ASBUILT data into the new module.

Bigred12

Reaction score
Hi thx I was doing something wrong and that was using only the module I swap the hole unit and only them it worked, the problem was that I used the old hcu. Thx for your help appreciated.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back