AC Only Cold on Passenger Side

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks, folks. I apologize I haven't gotten a chance to look at this any more yet. I have off on Friday so I'll probably get a manifold gauge set and take a look at it then.

It's colder on the passenger side, but it still isn't as cold as it should be.

travelers

Reaction score
It probable just needs servicing. I have a different problem, as mine clicks when I turn the key on. So I'll have to check the blend doors and actuators.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hurry up Vince, my ac doesnt blow cold but the compressor runs as it should. Stupid cars.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
Usually a clicking sound is caused by the blend door gears being stripped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lime1Gt

Reaction score
Where is the EMTC located? I've had a few occurrences of the temp control getting stuck and would like to try this.
The EMTC Module is the climate control assembly that you turn by hand for your HVAC settings.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, the AC is now blowing 45°F out of all the vents, and the refrigerant level seems fine, and everything is working, and maybe I'm just nuts?!

Only thing I can think of is that the 2 days it was acting up were like 100° and 98% humidity swamp air, so maybe the system was just struggling to keep up?

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
My thoughts also. just hoping not.
My prayers are with you lol.

Sky Render, what are the low and high side head pressures? I doubt it matters since its cooling fine but tells a lot about the system. You could be right about the system struggling to keep up, I would clean up the condensor and make sure the drain line is clear.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It was right around 46 on the low side, which is exactly what the factory service manual says it should be. Drain line is the only thing I haven't checked; thank you for reminding me. Where is it located, specifically? Is it on the actual compressor? Think compressed air would be a good way to flush it?

It's 88° today, and it seems to be working fine again.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
It was right around 46 on the low side, which is exactly what the factory service manual says it should be. Drain line is the only thing I haven't checked; thank you for reminding me. Where is it located, specifically? Is it on the actual compressor? Think compressed air would be a good way to flush it?

It's 88° today, and it seems to be working fine again.
The AC Drain comes off the evaporator case and through the firewall.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I dont know how accessable the drain is but if you can put a vacuum on it instead of blowing crap back into the case.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back