Adding Cats To o/r H-Pipe?

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
I am acquiring LT's with o/r h-pipe. Having it put on the wife's car, which already has Stingers. I think it will be too loud.

Anyone welded the stock cats in an o/r pipe? I know it is unlikely, as most buy the one they want up front. I figured I could cut one cat from each side of the stock h and have them welded into the o/r pipe.

:question:

wdkingery

@ home installer hero
Reaction score
sounds like a lot of work

you could always sell me that exact combo that i covet (off road h with long tubes)

you won't be out much to try it before you go into all the cutting and welding ..

08GT/CS

Reaction score
No, but I've welded aftermarket (high flow metallic) cats to an o/r x-pipe. Are you wondering how much the stock cats will quiet it down or how hard it will be to cut/align them for welding?

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
No, but I've welded aftermarket (high flow metallic) cats to an o/r x-pipe. Are you wondering how much the stock cats will quiet it down or how hard it will be to cut/align them for welding?

Both? :beerdrink:

Kaldar142

Reaction score
LTs + O/R h + stingers, the car will be VERY loud.

putting cats on should not be a big deal and should quiet it down a decent amount

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
I thought of this awhile back for my jba's lt o/r-h and took a peak at the oe catted h pipe and if I recall they(cats) are cut at an angle ~30* or so and wouldn't line up with the horizontal jba h-pipe.

Could be wrong but think that's what I recall.

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
LTs + O/R h + stingers, the car will be VERY loud.

+1

I now have FRPP GTA's and it is still loud. More manageable (if that makes sense), but at WOT loud! Also, with both muffler setups I have trumpeting that is very annoying. I am wanting to try a mid muffler system next then resonators welding in as last resort.

08GT/CS

Reaction score

On the welding question, it shouldn't be too bad. With my setup, I installed it to ensure proper location, then marked the parts and clamped them together. Took the clamped assembly to local welder and he was able to tack weld the parts, remove the clamps, and then weld the rest. Fit perfectly. Good luck.

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
exhaust

i have long tubes and stingers with a o/r h . it was loud too loud for me . so i decided to use pypes m80's as resonators before the rear axle. it is nice and deep the m80s cut the sound out alot i have no drone , no trumpeting. it sounds really good . and when you jump on the highway and roll the windows up its nice and quiet. but when you get on it it gets pretty loud .

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
So far I am surprised at how "quiet" it is. We'll see once the wife drives it for the first time...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back