Air Ride Suspension Installed and Bodywork/Paint Progression

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
Silver pinstripe going on the hood around the black cowl this weekend hopefully depending on if i get time......

What i really need is for someone to buy my rims........need these TSWs gone......where is everybody that said they wanted these rims if i ever decided to sell them.......need these gone so the new ones can go on.....

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
Been contemplating these fenders for a while......should i go ahead and bite the bullet and do these or keep my fenders that i had shaved to make the side of the car look clean and smooth???

TF10024-NX1-2.jpg

RedfireGT

forum member
Reaction score
i had those fenders on my red gt. I enjoyed the factory ones much better. Those were quite flimsy and took alot to actually make them line up with everything.

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
i had those fenders on my red gt. I enjoyed the factory ones much better. Those were quite flimsy and took alot to actually make them line up with everything.

How was the quality of the fiberglass???....did you have a lot of prep work before painting them??? You say flimsy.....does that mean that they looked like cheap plastic or something......

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
So I posted a picture of the hash marks that I put on the car earlier in the other thread....I thought it would be more appropiate in this thread.....but anyways Like I said I have never really been a fan of hash marks but had some extra vinyl left over from doing the hood and wanted to experiment just to see what it would look like....So here is 2 different options that I did....

Option #1: Flat Black Hash Marks with a Silver Pinstripe on the backsides of the Black Stripes

DSCN1533_zps2fd98dd4.jpg

DSCN1531_zpsc5c9875e.jpg

DSCN1535_zps4fe9214c.jpg

Option #2: Flat Black Hash Marks with Silver Pintripes on both sides of Black Stripes

DSCN1537_zpse2ab8616.jpg

DSCN1538_zpsc3c6f05c.jpg

DSCN1539_zps6c763dd4.jpg

Now like I said in the other thread, I don't know if I will leave them on the car.....Just trial and error here to get some feedback....Not sure what to think but it doesn't look too awful bad but is it too busy??.....There has been many to say that sometimes less is more and cleaner is better.....but I got bored and wanted something to do so this is what came of it....LMAO

The01Cav

forum member
Reaction score
I personally would take the fender stripes off. In my opinion they are just too much after having the hood and roof done.

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
I would pass on the fender stripes but the rest of the car looks great.

erat

forum member
Reaction score
My 2 cents...I like the color, I like where you went with changing the tail fin, I like the air bags, I love the new wheels, I like what you did under the hood and I like the concept of flat black but I think you are searching for how to place it because you think its missing the mark somewhere.

Personally, I wouldn't accentuate the full cowl of the hood that way. I would have done flat stripes maybe down the side the rise of the cowl maybe startin and ending them in a similar fashion that you had the last stipes (to keep a theme going) or following the lines of the cowl or something that stayed with the history of the mustang like boss stripes, etc...

I think you'll figure it out though. Good looking car.

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
Yea I am thinking it looked alot better without the fender stripes.....makes it look too busy but I will leave them on until I put the new rims on.....Just want to see how well the silver pinstripe matches the rims......

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
I like the shit outta that! Hahahaaa!

Do what you like; it looks good to my eye either way. I think it will get more positive attention with them than without. If you're doing the show car thing (and it seems you are) then you need some things that will catch the eye without being outright ugly. Like... the black scoop, the pinstripe, and the fender slashes. I think it all looks good together.

my .05

SS KILLR

Killer of the SS
Reaction score
Question for ya. Sorry of it was discussed earlier, But I have built several bagged trucks in the past and I noticed you only have one compressor. How long does it take that to fill up enough to raise the car? Do you have plans for a second?

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
one pinstripe does look better, If you decide to leave it, and it don't look bad at all.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back