Air Ride Suspension Installed and Bodywork/Paint Progression

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I'm having a similar dilemma. Shaved means it needs a little bulk in well placed areas, but your overall needs to be clean and slick. I opted to wait for the near final to decide.

How near to the final are you? Christmas

2019? LOL!!!!!!!:nk::crazy:

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
Badass project bro. Is anything holding the rear up? Just wondering cause ive seen some stangs on coilovers with the rear almost as low as that. Not quite but almost. And you said your one inch from laying body. Lol somethings gotta be holdin that beast up one inch

Thanks man....I think I am going to cut the bump stops a little more to see if that will drop it a little more in the back......the front I am going to remove the fender wells to see if that will drop it a little more as well.....just gonna play around with it to see......the air suspension is so fun to mess around with I love watching it raise up from being on the ground......like its coming alive...LMAO.....:roflmao:

I'm having a similar dilemma. Shaved means it needs a little bulk in well placed areas, but your overall needs to be clean and slick. I opted to wait for the near final to decide.

I think I have decided to leave the louvers off I like the sleek look and it will look the best I think......not far at all from being done
How near to the final are you? Christmas

2019? LOL!!!!!!!:nk::crazy:

LMAO....:roflmao:......Not far from being done....the hardest part will probably be putting the inside of the car back together.....door panels, and all that shit......but its not far at all.....more pics coming soon.....

06tungstengt

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks man....I think I am going to cut the bump stops a little more to see if that will drop it a little more in the back......the front I am going to remove the fender wells to see if that will drop it a little more as well.....just gonna play around with it to see......the air suspension is so fun to mess around with I love watching it raise up from being on the ground......like its coming alive...LMAO.....:roflmao:

Hell yeah bro thats what i like to hear! Im big into air suspension, ive built two fully custom mini trucks from the ground up....one was just bagged and the last one i did i bagged and body dropped it as well...thinkin about baggin my gt...not sure its between coilovers or bagzzz...lol but i cant wait to see your car finished being painted and bumpstops and fender wells removed!!!

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
Moar pics.....
This is when everything was wetsanded and drying/baking out in the sun and also right before it gets taped back up for more paint.....Then the stripes are layed out and back into the booth she goes for the ghost stripes.......and BTW the Side louvers will not be going back on the car.....I like the smooth look......the pics below let you see a little better the lines of the car and some close ups....

Plus I had to lower her on the ground so the angles would look even better....lmao

2012-08-20_11-40-48_642.jpg

2012-08-20_11-41-12_267.jpg

2012-08-20_11-42-26_502.jpg

2012-08-20_11-42-39_652.jpg

2012-08-20_11-41-45_162.jpg

2012-08-20_11-43-21_685.jpg

2012-08-20_11-39-16_106.jpg

2012-08-20_11-39-48_752.jpg

2012-08-20_11-44-09_161.jpg

2012-08-20_11-44-25_952.jpg

2012-08-20_12-01-18_750.jpg

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
Close up of the tires and fender pictures......I am going to cut the bump stop down even more to see if we can drop the back more that what it is.....The front looks great but the back needs MOAR LOW!!!!

2012-08-20_11-43-57_404.jpg

2012-08-20_11-43-37_159.jpg

2012-08-20_11-43-07_255.jpg

2012-08-20_11-42-54_23.jpg

musshoss

forum member
Reaction score
do you plan to get new wheels too? just wondering since you are changing so much!

DRock

Reaction score
Close up of the tires and fender pictures......I am going to cut the bump stop down even more to see if we can drop the back more that what it is.....The front looks great but the back needs MOAR LOW!!!!

To be honest with you. I would be willing to bet the rear is sitting on the UCA. Cutting the bumpstops will take you a tad lower but not much

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
To be honest with you. I would be willing to bet the rear is sitting on the UCA. Cutting the bumpstops will take you a tad lower but not much

it may be.....I already cut half of the bumpstops off when we did the install as it asked in the installation instructions......but I think it may lower it a little more with them cut down a little more.....but it may have asked to only cut half of the bumpstops off so that it wouldn't hit on the UCA....so if that is the reason then I need to leave them at the height they are at now.

DRock

Reaction score
Take them all the way out and air it down. Don't be driving it around this way but just so you can see how much more it will drop. It's only 4 screws

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
Take them all the way out and air it down. Don't be driving it around this way but just so you can see how much more it will drop. It's only 4 screws

Thanks.i didnt know it was just 4 screws that held them in....I will try that tomorrow...and see how much more it will lower it....

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
man, its going to be killer! how did you get those sponsors again? lol.

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
Looks SICK!!!!!! Can't wait to see this finished
Thanks Jeremy......Not too much longer.....the worst part is going to be all the cleaning to get all the dust dirt and all the other shit off the car and from the cracks and holes....lol

do you plan to get new wheels too? just wondering since you are changing so much!

I am wanting to get some wheels that have Black and Hyper Silver in them.....Kind of waiting around on a couple wheel sponsors before I bite the bullet and by some so.....The Black and silver wheels will look the best with the black, blue, and silver theme I have going on.....

man, its going to be killer! how did you get those sponsors again? lol.

Thanks man.....Kept bugging and hassling to get them to see what I am doing with the car thats pretty much what I have done....i guess you could say.....besides my working for the Body shop and they are just sponsoring it as they know it will bring them in more custom business....

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back