Alignment after lowering...Can ph bar come after?

HOTRODD77

forum member
Reaction score
I just installed my koni str's/steeda sports today along with the Steeda hd mounts. I was waiting until after I was done to see if I was going to need an adjustable panhard; I do. Here's my question: I was going to go day after tomorrow to get the alignment checked/corrected. If anything needs to be adjusted will installing a panhard bar, after the fact, affect anything on the front end after it's been aligned? It'll be about a week or so before I can get a ph bar and install it.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
get the car aligned, after that you can put on the phb whenever you want

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah you can get the panhard bar later. It's install will not effect the alignment in any way. If you are on the stock wheels you might not even notice that you need a panhard bar. It wasn't obvious to me until I put wider aftermarket wheels on.

HOTRODD77

forum member
Reaction score
get the car aligned, after that you can put on the phb whenever you want
Good stuff. Thanks!
Yeah you can get the panhard bar later. It's install will not effect the alignment in any way. If you are on the stock wheels you might not even notice that you need a panhard bar. It wasn't obvious to me until I put wider aftermarket wheels on.
Yeah, I've got 18x10's w/ 285/40's on the rear. I was holding out on the slight chance I wouldn't need one. Ended up being about 3/4" over to the driver's side. I'm sure most people would never even notice, but to me it looks like half the tire is sticking outta the wheel well, lol

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
Adjusting the pan hard can change the position of the steering wheel!

dennisafrompa

forum member
Reaction score
...same here different offset showed I needed one..but alignment not effected.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Near as I can tell, the LCAs are not perfectly parallel to each other or to the car centerline. So when the axle shifts laterally like it does when you lower the car, it is also forced to "steer" a tiny bit (which you then have to "correct" for at the steering wheel).

I'm a bit surprised that it's enough to notice, but then again that's probably one of the reasons that people who have swapped over to a Watts link like that so much better.

Norm

Morris

forum member
Reaction score

Wow, you need a bitch slap.

The front alignment is based off the rear, changing the rear can change the steering wheel position.

I installed the the bmr pan hard bar on my 2012. The rear was about 1/2" off and after centering the rear the steering wheel was off by about 15 degrees. I made no changes what so ever to the front so the change to the steering wheel was confusing to me.

I did some research and found this is not unusual, though I had never heard of it. I took it to the shop to have the wheel adjusted and the have the alignment specs looked over. The alignment was fine only the wheel needed to be adjusted.

I have responded to your comment for the benefit of others who might come upon this thread. You on the other hand I suspect will remain an idiot.

Oh, ya..........Fuck You!

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
:yeah: blah blah blah
If you truly understood 3-D suspension motion with respect to the car as a whole, you wouldn't post like that (big hint: arcs are not precisely the same as straight lines).

Even small changes in steering wheel position are not the same as "none at all".

I'll bet that you think your Mustang's rear axle couldn't possibly have negative camber at the wheels or toe that isn't exactly zero either.

Norm

Last edited:

sick3v

forum member
Reaction score

The front alignment is based off the rear, changing the rear can change the steering wheel position.

I installed the the bmr pan hard bar on my 2012. The rear was about 1/2" off and after centering the rear the steering wheel was off by about 15 degrees. I made no changes what so ever to the front so the change to the steering wheel was confusing to me.

I did some research and found this is not unusual, though I had never heard of it. I took it to the shop to have the wheel adjusted and the have the alignment specs looked over. The alignment was fine only the wheel needed to be adjusted.

I have responded to your comment for the benefit of others who might come upon this thread. You on the other hand I suspect will remain an idiot.

So when i added a pan hard bar to my car and it did not change one thing to my steering wheel or alignment. <-----I guess my statement of that: it doesnt change anything is right, but your saying it does change so i guess your right? Although i didnt state a solid claim saying my experience was the facts because i dont want new people getting on here saying false things with out proof.

If you have a tech page to share that proves that adding a PHB changes everything and we will need an alignment afterwards please post the link to it so i can eat my words and newer people can be better informed about the geometry of our cars.

If a link is posted I will change my original reply to :bravo::party:(your the DJ and Im the one in the crowd)

Until then:flip2:
I never understood how people can get mad at emoticons, you must have a stressful life or maybe your:gay:

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
I said "can" not "will" change the steering wheel position. I also did not state how, why or what contributing factors could have played a part.

The OP wanted to know if installing a pan hard bar could affect anything on the front. I'm saying it can, not that it will. Is it that hard for you to grasp that not every one will have the same experiences?

I don't have a problem with emoticons when they are used in jest. You used them to insult me plain and simple, just like you have tried to do with that last post. If you think that insulting a person just because you use a emoticon is OK, then I'm telling you it's not. I wish I could tell you face to face.

I have nothing to prove to you, I don't give a shit if you believe me or not. Do your own research, post your own links, I don't care. I made a comment for the OP, not because I need to prove that your are an idiot. You have done that already.

My point to you is that if you are going to insult some one have to balls to just come out and say what you mean or it gets lost in translation. Look at that last line you typed, that alone says so much about you and so little about me.

sick3v

forum member
Reaction score

I said "can" not "will" change the steering wheel position. I also did not state how, why or what contributing factors could have played a part.

The OP wanted to know if installing a pan hard bar could affect anything on the front. I'm saying it can, not that it will. Is it that hard for you to grasp that not every one will have the same experiences?

I don't have a problem with emoticons when they are used in jest. You used them to insult me plain and simple, just like you have tried to do with that last post. If you think that insulting a person just because you use a emoticon is OK, then I'm telling you it's not. I wish I could tell you face to face.

I have nothing to prove to you, I don't give a shit if you believe me or not. Do your own research, post your own links, I don't care. I made a comment for the OP, not because I need to prove that your are an idiot. You have done that already.

My point to you is that if you are going to insult some one have to balls to just come out and say what you mean or it gets lost in translation. Look at that last line you typed, that alone says so much about you and so little about me.

1." I did some research and found" ---- my original reply still stands because you could not produce a link to your findings.

2. "Do your own research, post your own links" cant take your own advise

3. "Look at that last line you typed" Did you look at yours when you said fuck you?

Morris- the HTML war is over, have a good one.

To the OP I wouldnt think you need an alignment, I hope you dont because spending unforseen money sucks. Let us know how it goes :thumb:

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
You are twisted! Clearly you have sort of reading comprehension problem.

Try reading what you have placed in bold once again, you are such a fool I'm LMAO.

I do agree with your last line though, he probably will not need an alignment like I did.

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
Ya sorry guys. It was not my intention, I'm out.

HOTRODD77

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, that caused a bit of a stir! Lol. Well, I went ahead and got an alignment because it'll probably be a couple weeks til I can get a ph bar and then find the time to install it. it is my dd and didn't want to run it too Long without it. I had quite a bit of neg camber after the swap( i think like -1.3 & -1.6) and was toe out. I'm now at -1.0 & -1.2 I believe. The steeds mounts are adjusted all the way to the outside I think. No big deal if I have to do it again after the ph bar install. It's barely a 1/4" off center now.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back