Alternative to Stock Maf with MAF.ia?

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Have a turbo setup on a '06 with a stock maf and a DiabloSport MAF.ia maf extender. The maf.ia is done for, and needs to be replaced. Is there an alternative MAF sensor or something, where no tune changes would be required?

Or, using the #2 setting on the maf.ia, does someone have a corresponding MAF transfer function table?

Going with a different MAF sensor and then having to re-tune for it is not something I really want to do; would rather stick with the stock MAF and 'something'.

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is my understanding of the mafia. I have one too. If you currently have a mafia set at 2, that is a 24% voltage reduction. To make up for this other parameters in the tune are scaled accordingly. So anything that does not provide the same output voltage as the mafia will need a tune.

In my case one tuner did not adjust everything. The mpg displayed on the dash was roughly 24% higher than reality. It ran fine. He just did not correct that part of the cal file. Then the second tuner did correctly scale everything. So even the mpg is now accurate.

I think the only easy way out for you is a new mafia.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!
Since I posted this, I have found that reference on the percentage of reduction the device makes on setting "2", and on other settings. I may just build something to 'mimic' what it was doing. Thankfully I have some older datalogs where the device was in place, and can probably do something to get the MAF to function as if it had the reduction in place.
Finding one is turning out to be nearly impossible!

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!
Since I posted this, I have found that reference on the percentage of reduction the device makes on setting "2", and on other settings. I may just build something to 'mimic' what it was doing. Thankfully I have some older datalogs where the device was in place, and can probably do something to get the MAF to function as if it had the reduction in place.
Finding one is turning out to be nearly impossible!

I have one you can have. Sent you a pm.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back