alternator bracket question

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure if a 2007 GT alternator bracket can be used on a 2005 GT engine?

The reason is that the 2005 part number is hard to find and the 2007 part number is easy to find new and used. My engine didn't come with one.

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
They don't have the same part number. I know Ford changed the coolant crossover in 2007, but I was hoping that since they have the same alternator and intake it would back fit.

I honestly wish I could find a 2005, but nobody seems to want to give them up. Well, I ordered a new 2007 off of Ebay, so whenever it comes...

travelers

Reaction score
Tasca parts list two different part numbers and the pics look different. And they list what year they fit and they are different.

boz87

Reaction score
05 and 06 are different from 07+, i had to modify my 05 bracket to fit 07 crossover and upper rad hose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks. I decided to post up, so if anyone in the future searches this, they will have a complete answer.

The 2005-2006 have a coolant crossover with a coolant hose at each end, that uses the alternator bracket 4r3z-10153-aa. It has a specific shape to match the coolant crossover and is no longer available through Ford.

The 2007-2010 have a different crossover that has a coolant hose only on the driver's side. That crossover can only be used with alternator bracket 7r3z-10153-a, which is available from Ford for under $20.

If you have the older 05-06 coolant crossover and someone tossed the alternator bracket out, you need it and you must get one used or you can convert to the 07+ coolant crossover and all of the 07+ coolant hoses. I have attached a picture of trying to use a 07+ bracket on the 05-06 crossover. As you can see, the passenger's side is the same, but the bracket falls short on the driver's side leaving the alternator "less supported" and subject to vibration issues.

As an additional note, if you have an 05-06 bracket I would like to buy that from you. Thanks

Thanks guys

Last edited:

jhunt47

forum member
Reaction score
He is a pic part number should be right one

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 7

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back