AM effed me at the drive through AGAIN!!! for the last time

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
My experience with this company is horrible. I can't stand them to begin with but had to order because no one else had the parts.
Last year, same time in fact, they screwed me with a pair of mismatched bad shocks. But paypal took care of it when they did not.

So trying to finish my Coyote install and get the parts to install the engine before the end of the year.
I ordered a Gen2 oil filter kit, well what came in the mail today? A freaking USED oil filter!!! WTF is that?
I mean I can understand shipping mix ups at this time of year but how in the halibut do you ship a used oil filter?

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I stopped ordering from them years ago because of that reason, prices suck and their customer service is non existent. It doesn’t help that they don’t offer a forum discount anymore either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
My experience with this company is horrible. I can't stand them to begin with but had to order because no one else had the parts.
Last year, same time in fact, they screwed me with a pair of mismatched bad shocks. But paypal took care of it when they did not.

So trying to finish my Coyote install and get the parts to install the engine before the end of the year.
I ordered a Gen2 oil filter kit, well what came in the mail today? A freaking USED oil filter!!! WTF is that?
I mean I can understand shipping mix ups at this time of year but how in the halibut do you ship a used oil filter?
They screwed you once, why the F would you go back and order again?
The owners care about $$$ only, and literally own like 50 or more different businesses. There is atleast 3 of them in the Malvern PA location. (Ford trucks and Jeep, besides Mustangs)

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
All companies are remarkably similar. I bet there's nothing wrong with AM.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Sure there isnt, as long as you are ok with 500 to 1000% markup of products.

My wheels were $159, and still are. Amazing quality.

If something is too expensive I buy from summit racing!!

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
They might own a junkyard. People working junkyards think their used parts are made of gold.
I've never figured this out. They'll sit on parts until they are worthless instead of letting them move.

Laga

Reaction score
This isn't too hard to figure out. Someone returned the kit for refund and substituted a used filter to be a dick. This is why retail places no longer accept returns of motor oil. People would fill them with dirty oil and return them. I really don't have a problem with AM. They actually had the lowest price on a set of wildwood braided brake lines I just bought. Sorry you had problems.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This isn't too hard to figure out. Someone returned the kit for refund and substituted a used filter to be a dick.

This happened to me at Walmart. I bought a 1 gallon jug of Ford 5W20 for my F150 and after draining the oil and putting the new filter on and dropping the truck down I opened the jug to find it full of used oil. I had to run slightly off spec oil that time.

I went back to the Walmart and chewed them out. Got my money back. Now I always check the seal before I buy.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
don't people know there's a hell they'll be welcomed into for doing stuff like this?

michaelm811

Reaction score
A few months back I ordered some license plate screws that were supposed to have the plastic nuts with them. I only got screws. I emailed about the discrepancy but never got a reply. I finally got the time to call customer service. After waiting 1.5 hrs on them to a call me back. The guy I talked to was very helpful and sent out a new order to replace them. Didn't even want the old ones back. A week later I get the shipment and it's the exact same items. Again, no plastic nuts. So now I have 16 screws and no plastic nuts and no desire to call them again. How hard is it to check and make sure what your packing is what the customer ordered. The package had the correct part number but the wrong parts. I explained this to the CSR and he said he would make a note for the warehouse to make sure the items were correct.‍♂️

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
A few months back I ordered some license plate screws that were supposed to have the plastic nuts with them. I only got screws. I emailed about the discrepancy but never got a reply. I finally got the time to call customer service. After waiting 1.5 hrs on them to a call me back. The guy I talked to was very helpful and sent out a new order to replace them. Didn't even want the old ones back. A week later I get the shipment and it's the exact same items. Again, no plastic nuts. So now I have 16 screws and no plastic nuts and no desire to call them again. How hard is it to check and make sure what your packing is what the customer ordered. The package had the correct part number but the wrong parts. I explained this to the CSR and he said he would make a note for the warehouse to make sure the items were correct.‍♂️
You have customer service in one building.
You have the warehouse about a block away.
Customer service does not speak to the warehouse, just sends a ticket over.
Ps: they dont ask for small stuff to be returned as return shipping cost is not worth it.

Back