And the hits just keep on comin'..........

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
So.....let's see.

1. Hurricane Ike
2. Without power for 17 days
3. Greedy landlady
4. Kid blows the engine in the car and melts the drag radials
5. Sponsor takes almost two weeks to get the car done
6. Have a rental car bill that will be horrific

And now the final straw:

Ordered new M&H drag radials on Wednesday from Jeg's because M&H couldn't get them to Ennis in two days for a reasonable price. Jeg's and FedEx said I'd have them Friday morning. It is now Friday evening and still no drag radials. Jeg's said that there was a FedEx truck involved in an serious accident in Lenexa, Kansas and my tires were on that truck. "Sorry, your tires are rescheduled for delivery on Monday." To which I respond with, "Wanna bet?" So I call FedEx and they tell me that Jeg's did not order two day delivery.....they ordered standard ground service which means the tires will be delivered on Monday. Again, "Wanna bet?"

After three phone calls to both companies and explaining the situation of needing the damn tires for a race THIS weekend I finally get someone who will help. The manager of customer service at Jeg's calls me while I'm filling out the tech card and informs me that he is going to send another set of D/R's out on a Priority Overnight-Saturday Early AM Delivery.
:beer:

The original set will still arrive on Monday but all we have to do is refuse that shipment and they will be returned to Jeg's. Don't know who was bullshiting who but there will be new D/R's here in the morning and on the car in time for the 3rd round of qualifying at 1pm tomorrow. Made a 1000' shot today in the first round. Car actually hooked on these worn out, cord-showing M/T's and ran pretty much dead on what it was running with the original engine. I clicked the car off at the 1K foot mark because I just wanted to get a feel for what the new(ish) engine would do. In fact, I was on the brakes so hard I ran 11.96 at 84 mph. Still outran that GT500 by half a second. The .048 light helped too. Only left at 1800 rpm so if I bump the car up to 2100 where I usually leave that R/T should come down into the mid-low .020's range.

Going to be a good weekend after all. Even if I don't get to kill someone from Jeg's or FedEx. :roflmao:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Kewl, glad they are coming through for ya. I was gonna suggest taking MikeVistaBlue06's brand new ones from him when he gets there with me in the morning :)

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was just gonna suggest some gunrange time might be in order for you soon.....don't wanna be around you when you finally snap!

Must be bad karma or something.....glad you're getting tires finally!

DirtyDeedsInc

forum member
Reaction score
In case you need help, here's what we did with a dish that broke during Ike. The mailbox just got in the way.

DSC00801-a.jpg

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
He won. I'm surprised he hasn't posted up yet. Probably still throttling his kid....

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
The partying was not quite legendary but close. JDM Engineering did put on quite a bash Saturday night. They even let me in the tent without a straight jacket or muzzle.

Going from 25.7" tires to 28" tires does funny things to a setup. Where the car was a consistent 11.20-30 at 124-126 mph ride.....the 28's dropped the car down to 11.65 at 120. That was leaving at the same 2000 rpm. However, I was able to push the rpm's up to 2400 and the car responded with a 11.25 at 121.88 during my first round bye run. This was on an 11.27 index so I figured that was going to work fine for the day. And it did. The air got a bit worse after round 1 but the car still ran 11.32, 11.40, and 11.34 all at 121 mph to take the win. Flawless runs thanks to the Team Performance twin turbo system and the custom tuning of Doug Studdard at BamaChips.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congratulations SD. Glad your tires made it so you could get the weekend in.

NED@JDM

Official Vendor
Reaction score
The partying was not quite legendary but close. JDM Engineering did put on quite a bash Saturday night. They even let me in the tent without a straight jacket or muzzle.

Going from 25.7" tires to 28" tires does funny things to a setup. Where the car was a consistent 11.20-30 at 124-126 mph ride.....the 28's dropped the car down to 11.65 at 120. That was leaving at the same 2000 rpm. However, I was able to push the rpm's up to 2400 and the car responded with a 11.25 at 121.88 during my first round bye run. This was on an 11.27 index so I figured that was going to work fine for the day. And it did. The air got a bit worse after round 1 but the car still ran 11.32, 11.40, and 11.34 all at 121 mph to take the win. Flawless runs thanks to the Team Performance twin turbo system and the custom tuning of Doug Studdard at BamaChips.

Good times, SD!! :beer:

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
Obviously Ned doesnt remember Hurricane Ike, or look at the dates of the posts.....LOL

NED@JDM

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Obviously Ned doesnt remember Hurricane Ike, or look at the dates of the posts.....LOL

OR. . . Ned had a great time at the JDM party with SD and it was the only time I have ever had to hang out and chill with him. And. . Maybe Ned never had a chance to thank SD for the good times we had that night. Ned has heard of a hurricane by the name of Ike. . . but living in California at the time, I don't know too much about it or see what it has to do with me thanking SD??? Next time maybe Ned will just PM SD to avoid the heat!! :hi:

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Ned's feeling a little lonely all the way up there in NJ!!! Hey, you gonna be at the MidAmerica meet or is that too far away for you now?

NED@JDM

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Sounds like Ned's feeling a little lonely all the way up there in NJ!!! Hey, you gonna be at the MidAmerica meet or is that too far away for you now?

Not lonely at all, miss my peeps in Cali but I have friends here and in PA that I visit and family in MA that I intend on visiting. Not a lot of free time in Freehold LOL!! Not sure Liz about MidAmerica. . . but I will be in Tejas sooner or later. Maybe we can meet up for a stiff one. . . :beerdrink:

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Um, did you read that last part of your post?! And you wrote that on THIS board?!

Well holler when you're back here in the Independent Republic. There's always something going on...

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back