Another supercharger for S197s

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Conveniently timed just ahead of SEMA 2008, we stumbled onto another alternative for the 2005 through 2009 Ford Mustang to become a recipient of forced induction. Edelbrock has just announced the release of their rock-solid and may we say quite attractive, E-Force Supercharger system for the 4.6L 3-valve V8. The state-of-the-art E-Force design is built in-house and features an Eaton internal rotor setup--the same found on the new Corvette ZR-1. Gear up, install it, and buckle in, because this setup is reported to result in power figures of 466hp and 439 ft-lbs of torque on a mere 5psi! We think you'll agree that Edelbrock has a very nice product here--check out all the finer details in their official Press Release.

eforce.jpg

Press Release
Edelbrock is excited to announce the release of their E-Force Supercharger system for 2005-09 Ford Mustangs equipped with a 4.6L 3V. This all-new design is engineered and manufactured by Edelbrock and features an Eaton Twin Vortices Series (TVS) GEN VI rotor assembly - the same internals used on the new Corvette ZR-1. This combination improves 2005-2009 4.6L 3-valve Mustangs to an impressive 466 horsepower and 439 ft./lbs. of torque on only five (5) pounds of boost; this is more power per psi than any Mustang supercharger system on the market today.

The supercharger assembly is integrated into Edelbrock's unique intake manifold for a truly seamless design with minimal components. The intake features 15" long runners for maximum low-end torque and an integrated bypass valve that helps reduce parasitic loss under light throttle, which improves mileage potential. Keeping the air cool is a 110 square inch high capacity air to water intercooler - the largest of its kind available on the market today - and dual core low temp heat exchange. This Edelbrock E-Force supercharger assembly includes a matching set of coil covers uniquely styled to give your engine compartment a custom look.

This complete Edelbrock E-Force supercharger kit includes everything you need to bolt it on under the hood of a 2005-2009 Mustang 4.6L 3V, including supercharger/manifold assembly, air inlet with 85mm throttle body, fuel injectors, air-to-water intercooler, spark plugs, coil covers and handheld flash programmer to properly tune the factory ECU for the added power. Edelbrock offers an available 3-Year/36,000 mile warranty and 50-State emissions legal EO is pending.

•*More horsepower per psi than any other Mustang system on the market
• 2300cc (140 cubic inch) Eaton® TVS® GEN VI rotor assembly
• Unique intake manifold design with 15" long runners for increased low-end torque
• 100,000 mile self-contained oiling system
• Installs under the stock hood while maintaining factory accessories
• Complete package includes supercharger/intake assembly, air inlet with 85mm throttle body, fuel injectors, air-to-water intercooler, spark plugs, coil-covers and flash tuner with proper calibration
• Available 3 Year/36,000 mile warranty
• The most efficient system available - 466 HP and 439 ft./lbs of Torque on only 5 lbs. of boost!
• Made in USA for absolute quality and performance​

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
wtf kool deal ...... hopefully prices will drop with more competition on the market now lol

08GOGT

forum member
Reaction score
2 things that I noticed that I think could be an issue. 1st is the Covers over the COPs, the 4v's have had issues with them overheating and as such many use vented covers now. If the covers hold in to much heat it could cause the same issues.

Notice where the TB is located, that would make it a bitch to work on the car with any belt issues and limits you to a custom CAI.

Overall it looks like a wannabe euro engine.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
looks cool if nothing else!

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
2 things that I noticed that I think could be an issue. 1st is the Covers over the COPs, the 4v's have had issues with them overheating and as such many use vented covers now. If the covers hold in to much heat it could cause the same issues.

Notice where the TB is located, that would make it a bitch to work on the car with any belt issues and limits you to a custom CAI.

Overall it looks like a wannabe euro engine.

Not any different than the Midwest Auto Gear aftermarket covers that people slap on

fr_full_image.jpg

Not saying either is good, just saying ...

nmeofdst82

STY RMY
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm all for anything that creates competition between manufacturers and makes mustangs go faster. Looks pretty cool to me.

But...their products aren't normally on the inexpensive side so it will be interesting to see pricing.

It's funny they wait until end of 2008 to come out with this after the car goes into the 5th MY of production with a new model in 2010 with a yet undisclosed power plant. talking about asleep at the development wheel.

slicksilver

forum member
Reaction score
Sweet maybe whipples and kenne bells will drop in price now. I doubt it..

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll test it out.

Kinda on the late side with this coming out.

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wonder how many time to clean your engine bay with all those bump, letter etc. and it's black !

But it's good looking. How many hp at 13 psi ;p

slicksilver

forum member
Reaction score
^^^ Agreed. There's no chance in Hell that thing is putting out 466rwhp at 5lbs with a 9.8:1 CR.

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....

It comes with a single blade round throttlebody from what I can tell; that might spell trouble with thrown codes as aftermarket TBs can do.

WTF is the alternator re-located?

Mike

Last edited:

bscottie

forum member
Reaction score
numbers are certainly flywheel hp, not rwhp, from another forum price will be in the 6k range, not to bad, I wonder about the closeness of the maf to the throttle body causing an issue with reading properly, hopefully this wont be like the TCI shifter and still be talked about in 2 more years but on sale at Jegs. LOL

psycho bob

FISTER
Reaction score
i would say they are behind the times since you can already get the eaton tvs in the form of the roush tvs and it's running just under 6 grand and just under 5 grand if you already have the roush charger.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back