ANSWERED- Inquiry: will 2011+ GT NON-BREMBO brake rotors fit 17x8 wheels?

Josiah Worm

Reaction score
Hello. I quickly searched the forums and found nothing for my question. I have a 2005 V6 that I put 2006 GT OEM “Bullitt” style 17x8” wheels on.

My brakes are soon needing replaced, and I have one question. Will 2011+ GT NON-BREMBO brake rotors fit if I replace the rotors and caliper brackets on my 2005 V6. If they require spacers, please let me know.

I’d rather not space my front wheels, as it rides pretty perfectly already. I’m looking for an upgrade in braking performance since my car is bolted up to 210 WHP.

I know that 05-10 GT 12.4” rotors will fit, and Ford makes a kit. I am willing to spend the extra $40 or so dollars for even better brakes if I can.

If not, at the end of the day, a definitive NO answer is better than 20 maybes.

Thanks for your input.
-Joe

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
No. I have those wheels and the 11 GT brakes. I have to run the 12.6" rotors with the 17x8 wheels.

I would get Ford rotors, yes, from the dealer.
A good set of pads. Options are plentiful here. I like Hawk HP Plus, these are a bit dusty. I am currently running ford pads that came with my 11GT brakes I got off ebay and like them, not quite as much dust as the hawks. R
Replace caliper hoses and flush system. Depending on miles on car, rebuild or replace calipers.
Inspect the sliding pins in the caliper mounts, they can sieze and not let the calipers move freely. I had one front and one rear pin stuck when I got my car and it only had 50,000 miles.

Last edited:

OX1

forum member
Reaction score
Here are stock 14 GT brakes with some Chinese 18 X 9 knockoffs for perspective.
They have less material than most, being cheap rims, and it's still pretty close.

IMG_1549.JPG

IMG_1550.JPG

Some dimensions I took to see if brembos would fit.
This is off rotor face to stock 18 x 8 GT wheel

IMG_1557.JPG

Caliper clearances........

IMG_1561.JPG

IMG_1558.JPG

Hope this helps some...........

Josiah Worm

Reaction score
No. I have those wheels and the 11 GT brakes. I have to run the 12.6" rotors with the 17x8 wheels.

I would get Ford rotors, yes, from the dealer.

Replace caliper hoses and flush system. Depending on miles on car, rebuild or replace calipers.
Inspect the sliding pins in the caliper mounts, they can sieze and not let the calipers move freely. I had one front and one rear pin stuck when I got my car and it only had 50,000 miles.
Thank you for the quick answer!
I will be sure to only use the 12.4” brakes then.
-Joe

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back