Any one on here ice fish?

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I been ice fishing this winter now that the ice is thick enough, today my dad and I caught two five gallon buckets full of bluegill and a few nice size crappie. Any one else go ice fishiing? I know some of you up north have to have some good places to go.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Does polar bear plunging count?? LOL j/k

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There is no way in hell I would do that unless the ice broke lol.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LMAO! It's always for a good cause though.

I used to go fishing all year around with my Grandfather, but he passed away many years ago. Those were some good times. We would go to Lake Redman up here in PA.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Lots of decent lakes in SE WI including Lake Geneva, Silver Lake, Twin Lakes, etc. Also heard that Brown Trout were hitting on Lake Michigan around the Racine harbor. Not been in a long time around here, but had some great luck farther up north.

Casey4s

forum member
Reaction score
The only ice fishing I ever do is in the Frozen Food section of the grocery store. I have seen those little fishing shacks all over lake Champlain between Plattsburg NY and VT, no thanks...

But if you are heavy into the fishing and don't mind the cold have at it by all means.

usafimj

Reaction score
I'd like to try ice fishing one. Think it be pretty cool

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's pretty fun, when the fishing is good you can barely get the jig in the water and you have another fish on.

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
I haven't done it in over 15 years. The lakes around here stopped freezing over for long periods of time quite a few years ago.

Apparently its due to all the factories and cars being required to have cleaner emissions. Less soot in the atmosphere means warmer temperatures. THe environmentalis are causing global warming and runing my ice fishing!

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
It sounds awesome, I love the idea of cutting a hole in some ice and catching fish out if it. I definitely want to do it sometime, maybe I'll take a road trip up to Michigan to do it after I start driving. :)

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
This is what I read.....

I been drinking this winter now that the ice is thick enough, today my dad and I drank two five gallon buckets full of beer and a few nice size shots. Any one else go ice drinking? I know some of you up north have to have some good places to drink.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I usually don't drink unless I have a ride, I had one dui when I was younger. If I get one now, I won't have a job come spring since I have to have a cdl for my job.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Yep, all the time! I just got back tonight from hitting the ice. Had a big pike bite the line off and caught about 15 big gills and some nice crappie.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Post up some pictures Kimmer. I would love to see them if you got 'em.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice catch kimmer. I caught about 8 nice bluegill today, just enough to give the in laws for supper. I would love to go fishing up in Michigan sometime, a bunch of people I worked with live up in the U.P. so one of these winters I am going up there.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back