Bad Sellers

Wicked Pissah

forum member
Reaction score
I was notified today by Paypal that they investigated my claim and refunded my $215 that I had paid Macpipes. Trustingly that happens for everybody who dealt with him.

isnt that the guy that tried selling a sct tuner using your pics franchi??

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Glad to see paypal actually stood behind you guys for once! Paypal always seems 50/50 if they will come through on their protecting buyers.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Glad u guys got your $ back. His SN was banned last week

Mustang30212

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If he's a scammer...he's a stupid one. If he had emptied his Paypal account...you guys would have gotten an email saying "Paypal has investigated your claim and sided in your favor...however there are no funds in the scumbags account so you are still screwed. On a good note...you were the right one in this dispute"...lol

RH

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
/\/\

That's why I have two paypal accounts. One to pay from that is only linked to a credit card so in case something like that happens, I can dispute the charge with the credit card. And another for selling stuff that's linked to my bank account so I can just xfer the money over to it once get paid.

wesmcf

forum member
Reaction score
Just an update on that loser Jerry Tubbs we had as vendor here few years back.

Hes still a loser,and nowhere near a man (lack thereof) of his word. He claimed all these issues,and to have found God along way, promising to make good.
Well, as of Valentines day when I called his wife...Nothing in return.

Still going on 800 dollars stolen from me.

So JT TUBBS is still a crook and holding strong.

assbag.jpg

What were you supposed to buy from him? I know how he is I have delt with him

Alter Ego Trip

Pot Stirring Aficianado
Reaction score
Beware of gtothep123. I ordered a pair of stock axlebacks from him a few weeks ago. After a week or so had come and gone with no product, I call him and he claims he shipped it. I ask for a tracking # which he conveniently doesn't have. He says he will check on it for me. After hearing nothing back I ask him again and he claims he talked with UPS and they lost the package. OK no problem, what's the tracking #, I will file a claim. He still can't come up with one. Yup, I'm thinking what you're thinking. He says he will refund my money, just give him a couple days. Well that's been over a week and still nothing. Not even a follow up.

Here's a brief conversation.

Originally Posted by Alter Ego Trip
Seeing as you haven't returned my PM, and I have yet to receive the product, I would like a refund on the mufflers ASAP.

I've been pretty patient with you, and you have yet to send me a tracking # after our last conversation on the 4th. I expect either a refund for the amount I paid you, or a tracking # by tomorrow, or I'm disputing the amount with paypal and dropping you some negative feedback.

Originally Posted by gtothep123
Yeah for some reason UPS didn't have a record of it, so I am going to give you a refund. Please don't give me negative feedback, just give me about 2 or 3 days to get the money ready to send to you.
Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Gtothep123, you are a :liar:. If you needed the money that bad, you could have asked instead of scamming someone out of it. It's sad it comes to this over a few bucks.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would not hate doing it, that person did it to themselves...I am all about holding people accountable for their actions.

Thanks for doing that to avoid someone else making a mistake.

Alter Ego Trip

Pot Stirring Aficianado
Reaction score
I would not hate doing it, that person did it to themselves...I am all about holding people accountable for their actions.

Thanks for doing that to avoid someone else making a mistake.

I hear ya. He just responded to my paypal dispute. Here is what he said.

This guy gave me the wrong address but doesn't want to cooperate with me. He paid me but then I tried to ship the product at my local UPS Store but they told me it wasn't a valid address. After I asked him again, he suddenly changed the topic and started saying that I was supposed to give him a credit back, even though I never said this.

Hmmm. First you said you shipped it and UPS lost it. Now you say you tried to ship it and it wasn't a valid address. So which one is it? My address is paypal verified and no one else has had any problem getting stuff to me. Not once did you mention a shipping address issue.

You clearly stated you were going to refund me as ups "lost" the package, but apparently I dreamed up that PM I posted here. (see post above where you mention the refund)

You got caught, just fess up and save yourself some more humiliation. If you would have refunded the money like you originally stated, it would have ended there. After seeing that you are a thief and a liar, I am glad that others won't be scammed by you in the future.

Last edited:

Axton_118

forum member
Reaction score
I hear ya. He just responded to my paypal dispute. Here is what he said.

Hmmm. First you said you shipped it and UPS lost it. Now you say you tried to ship it and it wasn't a valid address. So which one is it? My address is paypal verified and no one else has had any problem getting stuff to me. Not once did you mention a shipping address issue.

You clearly stated you were going to refund me as ups "lost" the package, but apparently I dreamed up that PM I posted here. (see post above where you mention the refund)

You got caught, just fess up and save yourself some more humiliation. If you would have refunded the money like you originally stated, it would have ended there. After seeing that you are a thief and a liar, I am glad that others won't be scammed by you in the future.

Sucks man..I have stock mufflers with 6-7k miles on em if you are still looking though. I definitely wouldnt feel bad neg. repping him after seeing that response.

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
He posted yesterday in my thread:

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56272

Beware of gtothep123. I ordered a pair of stock axlebacks from him a few weeks ago. After a week or so had come and gone with no product, I call him and he claims he shipped it. I ask for a tracking # which he conveniently doesn't have. He says he will check on it for me. After hearing nothing back I ask him again and he claims he talked with UPS and they lost the package. OK no problem, what's the tracking #, I will file a claim. He still can't come up with one. Yup, I'm thinking what you're thinking. He says he will refund my money, just give him a couple days. Well that's been over a week and still nothing. Not even a follow up.

Here's a brief conversation.

Originally Posted by gtothep123

Gtothep123, you are a :liar:. If you needed the money that bad, you could have asked instead of scamming someone out of it. It's sad it comes to this over a few bucks.

Alter Ego Trip

Pot Stirring Aficianado
Reaction score
I definitely wouldnt feel bad neg. repping him after seeing that response.

Yea, I really wasn't even that upset up until that point. I was still giving him the benefit of the doubt. He's clearly established that he's a blatant liar at this point. These are the people that need to be banned from not only the FS forum, but the site in general.

mrdeath2000

forum member
Reaction score
sell them for +40 and send alter ego some $$ ;0

Also, if it went to the wrong address he would get them back and it would be indicated on the packaging and he could provide a picture of it.

Alter Ego Trip

Pot Stirring Aficianado
Reaction score
Also, if it went to the wrong address he would get them back and it would be indicated on the packaging and he could provide a picture of it.

He has contradicted himself too many times to believe a word he's said.

I have some advice for him. If you are going to lie:

A) Do it in person, not over email where I have a record
B) Write it down so you know which lies you've told
C) Make sure your IQ is over 20 to begin with

ROUSH1711

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What were you supposed to buy from him? I know how he is I have delt with him

BMR k-member BMR anit-roll kit...

And to think I was nice to him,and gave him 500 to help him out. It was a stressful time here on the forums with that clown, and one other. If you know him, or are close, please PM me.

It still really pisses me off. Its mainly the fact how he went about it. I trusted him. Hes a coward,nothing of a man..never will be. If his wife did leave him, he deserves it. He preached and preached his christian ways, which were all a lie.

He will meet my fist one day.

Great..now Im fired up! lol

my07silvergt

HOLD ON TO YOUR PANTIES
Reaction score
Deal gone bad.....

I bought a gt500 posi unit from bolted 3V for $190, seemed like a decent price until I found out you can get them for $225 brand new from latemodelrestoration. Never mind that though, this unit was installed while my engine was being swapped out so I didn't get to drive it for a while after it was installed, finally get to drive the car and it's humming like a cheap whore. Tow it to a REPUTABLE shop that does almost all the work for a local forum I'm on and he tells me that the carrier is warped. Hit up the seller and let him know. Absolutely not willing to do ANYTHING to make the situation better. It's all good though. I've already ordered my new posi unit and plan on being very selective about who I buy from in the future. Thanks to everyone else I bought from during my build that didn't SCREW me.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back