Bama tunes question

Bad06stang

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have had my 2013 GT tuned by Bama for about 3 months now and I had a couple questions. When I had my 2006 Mustang whenever I would load the tune the SF3 tuner would ask me a bunch of questions about settings I would want to change on the tune. It would ask me if I wanted to take the speed limiter off, or what I would want to set it to. It would ask me what I wanted the idle RPM to be. That is what I want to change because the Bama tunes idle too high, It wont go down lower than 900 RPMs at idle. I put the stock tune back on and it idles at around 600. It is a way I can change that myself or do I have to get another set of tunes wrote? thanks guys

ochoblanco

Slow 4v Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have had my 2013 GT tuned by Bama for about 3 months now and I had a couple questions. When I had my 2006 Mustang whenever I would load the tune the SF3 tuner would ask me a bunch of questions about settings I would want to change on the tune. It would ask me if I wanted to take the speed limiter off, or what I would want to set it to. It would ask me what I wanted the idle RPM to be. That is what I want to change because the Bama tunes idle too high, It wont go down lower than 900 RPMs at idle. I put the stock tune back on and it idles at around 600. It is a way I can change that myself or do I have to get another set of tunes wrote? thanks guys

Bama has a lifetime tune program. Reach out to them and have them re-write your tune with an idle under 900 rpms. Should be that easy...

This is probably not considered tech here fyi...

Scrape

forum member
Reaction score
I noticed the same as well. So Bama has locked it??? I actually got locked out restoring my car back to stock recently. Had to do the door open routine to get it to work. Honestly not sure where I read this but I tried it and it worked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
That's why I went with Lund tune. His are not locked.

Okay, does it really matter if it's locked or not? What are you really going to change in the tune besides tire size, or maybe idle rpm...

That's the most ignorant reason I've seen as to why someone goes with X tuner over Y tuner.

American Muscle locks their tunes for a reason. Plus, if you really need to change something, it's free and they have fast turnaround time. I used Bama with my past two Mustangs that were daily drivers and I never needed to change anything.

The OP could have contacted Bama and had this resolved by now had he done that first.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the Tuner has the ability to allow certain parameters to be adjusted.

I believe Bama allows no changes due to the #8 warranty they offer (iirc)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back