BCM problems

Black3vGT

Reaction score
I know there's been a million posts about water damage, but I could really use some help. My issues are my wipers and wiper motor not working, front turn signals not working and the key is fob is a little off(I can lock the car with it but have to use the key to unlock). Since I've had the water issues, figured I buy a new bcm, and if it solved my issues I'd take it in to get programed. My part number is 5R3T-14B476-BE, can't kind a new one around so I purchased a used one on eBay that looked pretty mint. Hooked her up and no go, same issues.

Is that unusual that a different part would have the same issues? I would think they would be effected differently if both water damaged? Is there anywhere else I can look that might be responsible for these issues?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Onviously fuses/relays as applicable. But did you check the actual wiring connectors? In my case that's where the water and corrosion issue was causing problems not inside the sjb itself. It can be a mixture of both as well. I had to un pin and clean corrosion on some connectors and then cleaned out the plugs with alcohol.

Black3vGT

Reaction score
Onviously fuses/relays as applicable. But did you check the actual wiring connectors? In my case that's where the water and corrosion issue was causing problems not inside the sjb itself. It can be a mixture of both as well. I had to un pin and clean corrosion on some connectors and then cleaned out the plugs with alcohol.

I hit the plugs with some contact cleaner and a brush. But it can't hurt to pull one and see how it looks. Thanks

07 Boss

Reaction score
Do you have a wiring schematic? Maybe they all share a common ground or something. Maybe your harness got pinched or melted somewhere.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back