Be careful ordering take off suspension parts, got screwed

dustindu4

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I ordered all "2005-2009 Mustang GT" takeoff struts shocks, and 4 springs from Saleen for a good deal at $130-ish. I get my car to the garage, take the whole front end apart to get the strut assemblies out of the car. I disassemble both pairs of the old struts/springs on the spring machine then I realize that the takeoff ones I got from Saleen are a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT size. The strut rods on the new ones were much shorter than the old ones and the neck has a different profile on it.

I'm really pissed. They better take these things back. The part numbers on these struts are different than the old ones, I figured it was just updated part numbers but I guess not. They must be from a convertable or something.

It wasn't a total loss, I put new Moog ball joints and tie rods in. Was way cheaper than ordering new control arms. I had the right tools, the old ones press right out and pressed the new ones right in. No way you could do it without the right tools. It was a struggle but it got done. I can see why it's way easier for Ford to sell just control arms than fight with those things.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There are tons of guys on the forum with all this stuff like new for better prices.

No difference from coupe to convertible in the struts/shocks. Just different spring rates.

dustindu4

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not sure I believe that, there was clearly a difference in these parts. If you look up a ford parts web site there are different part numbers for all kinds of different year/edition cars

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not sure I believe that, there was clearly a difference in these parts. If you look up a ford parts web site there are different part numbers for all kinds of different year/edition cars

Believe what you want lol

There are 2 GT coupes out there right now using my oem struts off my 07 convertible lol. Still have the rear shocks and they are like new.

Sure there maybe different parts for diffrent cars but there is no difference from GT coupe to convertible when it comes to the physical strut itself.

Post up the part numbers or pictures there are ford guys on here that can tell you exactly what you have.

Last edited:

dustindu4

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Both struts have different part numbers. The numbers are:

BR33-18045-BD and is marked 1A14302A underneath it
BR33-18045-DD and is marked 1A14304A underneath it

Front Springs:

BR33-5310-GB and is marked SGF and E29EJ
BR33-5310-FB and is marked SFF and E29EJ

Rear shocks:

both BR33-18080-BC and marked 1A14441A

Rear springs:

both BR33-5560-CB and marked SCR and E29EJ

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can tell you the part numbers are supposed to be slightly different to signify passneger/driver side. As for the rest they will have to help you with.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Those part numbers you posted are all '11 part numbers. Not interchangeable with yours.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
dustin, i've got all the stock stuff! Let me know if I can help you out in any way! They only have about 25k miles on them.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back