Been gone a while, clutch time

dustindu4

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So I've gone a while from the forum since the heyday of the S197. Don't really drive the car anymore, have 110k miles on the stock clutch. I need to do the TSB for the grinding flywheel noise and I might as well have the clutch done at the same time. I read some stuff that people are sticking with the stock clutch on rock auto. Don't know which one to get. I saw the Dorman slave cylinder is OEM, that's good. All these clutch brands are new to me.

Any experiences here?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 22

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
Any mods? or planning any mods in the future?

I would go for the Exedy, if you ever plan on a supercharger or power adder, now is the time to upgrade the clutch.

I have an exedy stage 3, works great, only a tad stiffer then stock.

dustindu4

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
no power adder, just stock with all the bolt ons

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Tell us more about the heyday of S197 forums? I think I missed out. Now it's just a shred of S550 keeping us going, mostly Darren painting his calipers and stuff :(

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tell us more about the heyday of S197 forums? I think I missed out. Now it's just a shred of S550 keeping us going, mostly Darren painting his calipers and stuff :(

LOL.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
Stock pressure plate and friction disc that comes stock from ford is Valeo. Factory throwout bearing is FTE. I replaced my clutch with a LuK 07188 http://catalog.schaeffler-aftermark...&id=4200394&query_displacement=4.6L&qualfier=
which includes friction disc, pressure plate pilot bearing and throwout. The Pressure plate is LuK, the friction disc is Valeo and the throwout is FTE. So for $228 it was a amazing deal. I paired mine up with a new takeoff fly wheel that was brand new http://www.newtakeoff.com/mustang_gt_flywheel_4.6L_5-Speed_Manual_Transmission.aspx
and for just about $300 had everything in the clutch and flywheel dept new. It holds just as good if not better then stock and the components are way cheaper then going through ford for the exact same part made by the same company that supplies ford.
Luk has a good reputation as they are stock on my european vehicles and the Valeo friction discs are second to none for a long lasting smooth clutch.

dustindu4

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
wow thanks for the info, I will look into it!

dustindu4

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

This forum was created after everyone fled from The Mustang Source and Modular Fords. Mustang Source was all noobs and Modular Fords was where all the tech discussion was going on. There was some fallout with the Modular Fords forum owner being a prick or something to somebody and everyone went here. I forget exactly how it went down.

dv8uagain

Worthless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This forum was created after everyone fled from The Mustang Source and Modular Fords. Mustang Source was all noobs and Modular Fords was where all the tech discussion was going on. There was some fallout with the Modular Fords forum owner being a prick or something to somebody and everyone went here. I forget exactly how it went down.
Ahhhhhhh the good ol days!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back