Before/After Pics of My Car

whitepunisher

forum member
Reaction score
So two days ago FINALLY my new hood arrived from Cervini's. The 2.5 cowl hood was pre-painted and matched very well. I got their billet grill and did a hidden fog install (thanks to inspiration on here). I also put FRPP K springs on it to lower it. When i first got it, it had white racing stripes. I took those off and put black (plasti dip) stripes on it (which surprisingly held up pretty good). But once i got the hood in i took off the stripes. Anyway here some pics of it.

When i got it
close.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

stock ride height
IMG_0426.jpg

black stripes
IMG_0722.jpg

and now
IMG_1237.jpg

front with billet grill and hidden fogs
IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1245.jpg

clay bar-ed it and waxed it, i was surprised how much contaminants the clay bar got out
IMG_1240.jpg

and probably my favorite picture
IMG_1248.jpg

Let me know what you guys think. I have the normal GT spoiler but have it off right now, and trying to decide what i want to do. What spoiler do you guys think would look good? It being spoiler-less right now I think looks a little weird with the cowl hood. I'm thinking maybe the GT500 spoiler? My next appearance mod is probably going to be a chin and then to the performance :)

Attachments

• close.jpg
    close.jpg
    467.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0426.jpg
    IMG_0426.jpg
    502.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0722.jpg
    IMG_0722.jpg
    543 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1240.jpg
    IMG_1240.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1237.jpg
    IMG_1237.jpg
    513.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1242.jpg
    IMG_1242.jpg
    530.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1248.jpg
    IMG_1248.jpg
    517.4 KB · Views: 25

Jyard

Jyard
Reaction score
I personally think it looks good without spoiler. I think maybe a CS rear bumper may help set it off a little, or maybe some new wheels.

ZPounds09GT

forum member
Reaction score
I think that it looks good without the spoiler, even with the cowl hood. I think having a rear bumper that goes lower would make it better. But maybe that is just me.

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
Lookin good bro......lovin the color but im biased as well......put the GT500 spoiler on the back......thats what i went with and it goes very well with a cowl......
ResizedImage951351107006390.jpg

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
Car looks good! where did you get the hood pre-painted?

I also agree some aftermarket wheels would set it off. I also like the GT500 spoiler. That is one of my next mods on my car is to get that spoiler.

I love our wheels, man. Greatest factory wheel for the 05-09 S197's.

I vote GT500 wing and splitter.

I have a set of those in my basement I'll sell you cheap! lol They're cool wheels but aftermarkets look better imo.

What splitter you thinking?

slowlyrolling

Shifting
Reaction score
Car looks good! where did you get the hood pre-painted?

I also agree some aftermarket wheels would set it off. I also like the GT500 spoiler. That is one of my next mods on my car is to get that spoiler.

I have a set of those in my basement I'll sell you cheap! lol They're cool wheels but aftermarkets look better imo.

What splitter you thinking?

"our" wheels implies I have a set :victory:

The GT500 splitter. Just takes some minor trimming and some handy work and it will look perfect on the car.

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
I figured you did, but thought if you liked them so much you might want a winter set. lol!

slowlyrolling

Shifting
Reaction score
I figured you did, but thought if you liked them so much you might want a winter set. lol!

Haha not needed in texas ;)

I'm probably about to have to give them up for some wider wheels that will accommodate wider tires, I get zero traction in first/second

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
GT500 spoiler FTW! Ebay site has them for like $100. Car looks great.

whitepunisher

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I almost jumped on some black Friday rims on sale but I know the wife would have killed me if I got them lol. I do really just like the factory wheels just wish they were wider. I probably will get some eventually though Love the car waldogt07 and I think that the gt500 spoiler does look really good with the cowl. Does it cover up the factory holes?

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I almost jumped on some black Friday rims on sale but I know the wife would have killed me if I got them lol. I do really just like the factory wheels just wish they were wider. I probably will get some eventually though Love the car waldogt07 and I think that the gt500 spoiler does look really good with the cowl. Does it cover up the factory holes?

Thanks man.....and yes it covers the factory holes....you actually use a couple of the factory holes when mounting the GT500 spoiler

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Yeah I almost jumped on some black Friday rims on sale but I know the wife would have killed me if I got them lol. I do really just like the factory wheels just wish they were wider.

One thing you may want to consider if you really like the factory wheels are 1" bolt on wheel spacers all around. They will make you tires line up perfectly with the edge of the fender, and get rid of the "sunken in" look from the factory. Plus, it's a lot cheaper than new wheels.

Car looks good, BTW. Love the color!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back