Best Budget Wheels for Corner Carving

todcp

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Norm. You say 285 instead of 295 on my F14 18x10 is the best combo for this size wheel for track days. Guess that means no Rivals. I suppose RS3 is the best for 18x10 wheels, in a 285/35/18.

modernbeat

Jason McDaniel @ Vorshlag
Official Vendor
Reaction score
You can run the 295 on the 10". You just don't get any larger contact patch over the 285 tires. But we've got a lot of folks running the 295 on the 10" rim. It's not ideal, but it's better than the 275.

todcp

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Jason! I appreciate you weighing in on the 295 with 10 inch rim. And good to hear BFG Rival will be available at more dealers this year.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I know Jongbloed is working on some stuff right now.

http://jongbloedracing.com/wordpress/

May want to hit up Ryan there and see what he's got. I know his wheels are quite affordable.

I have a bunch of guys (customers) out on tracks beating the snot out of his wheels.

We are going to run a set of HRE and CCW wheels on our '15 PP.

Do you know what happened to Jongbloed? I see their website is down

Budwise

forum member
Reaction score
I ordered a set of 19X10 wheels but they said I'll need a 5mm spacer up front. I do 2-4 track events per year for fun, but otherwise it's a DD. Will these be OK on the stock studs? I think the S550 has beefier studs than the S197 but I'm not sure.

If not, is there studs I can get that are only 5mm longer so i dont have to use open ended lugs?

stepqhen

forum member
Reaction score
I guess its possible. Thats a lot of work for 20 lugs though.

Especially given how cheap open ended lugs are.
Not to mention the potential to screw up and set yourself up for a cross-threading nightmare

Arustik

forum member
Reaction score
Would you be able to cut the end off of the ARP studs so they are the right length?

Just run the ARP Studs, they look great. I believe on AM they are around $200 for both sides.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I was asking for Budweise haha. I wasn't sure if it was possible to do that with the ARP wheel studs.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
I can sort of understand the 'why' of wanting to cut them down a bit. But the risk is way not worth it. If an unintentionally DIY-deformed stud thread only peels a little bit of thread off of a lug nut and that little bit gets jammed between the nut and the stud (all but guaranteed), you're really likely to end up breaking the stud. Never mind how I might know this.

Norm

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back