best cams for nitrous and ford racing intake manifold

slater

forum member
Reaction score
ok, anyone know best cam for nitrous?

and doesn anyone know if the ford racing intake manifold will work with a shaker?

KcMstang

forum member
Reaction score
The FRPP intake is taller than the factory so this will hinder the height of the shaker. I've never seen someone with both installed but I was planning on trying it once I got the funds together to buy the intake. I have no problems in doing a little chop to the shaker to make it work.

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
I bet it would work with the adjustable lowering motor mounts

KcMstang

forum member
Reaction score
I bet it would work with the adjustable lowering motor mounts

Yeah, I was planning on trying those also before hacking the shaker. Anyone know how much taller the FRPP piece is over the stock intake?

07stangcs

Undecided
Reaction score
Custom grind is the same if not cheaper. Call comp, tell them your goals and there great about selecting a cam for your app.

BlackPony

forum member
Reaction score
Im told that the Hot Rod cam is no good for SC so with that said I would think that it would work for Nitrous?

iwaxmyjimmy

forum member
Reaction score
but hes not planning on using nos hes running a zex kit.

WTF does that have to do with anything? The point in having less lobe separation is so the nitrous charge doesn't just go straight out into the exhaust. The tighter lobe separation the more valve overlap you have. Which is awesome for a N/A engine and it helps draw in more of a air/fuel mixture. The brand of nitrous kit has nothing to do with that. I don't mean to come off as a dick, and I really hope your kidding. To the OP your better off calling a cam company and getting them to make you a custom grind. I haven't seen any nitrous specific camshafts for the 3v engines yet.

Last edited:

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
WTF does that have to do with anything? The point in having less lobe separation is so the nitrous charge doesn't just go straight out into the exhaust. The tighter lobe separation the more valve overlap you have. Which is awesome for a N/A engine and it helps draw in more of a air/fuel mixture. The brand of nitrous kit has nothing to do with that. I don't mean to come off as a dick, and I really hope your kidding.
:lol2:
someone will see and explain my post to you :)

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
Oh ok, I was really praying it was a joke
it was.
dillon dollar said he was planning on using "nos". as we all know "nos" is the acroynm for "nitrous oxide systems", and since the inception of "the fast and the furious" it has taken on a dual role to refer to nitrous, otherwise known as "spray", "juice", "jug", "squeeze" and so on. referring to nitrous as "nos" or "naws", "nozzz" and the like is just silly. dont you agree?

iwaxmyjimmy

forum member
Reaction score
My eye starts twitching when people refer to nitrous as "nawz"........ like it makes me want to club a baby seal

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
it was.
dillon dollar said he was planning on using "nos". as we all know "nos" is the acroynm for "nitrous oxide systems", and since the inception of "the fast and the furious" it has taken on a dual role to refer to nitrous, otherwise known as "spray", "juice", "jug", "squeeze" and so on. referring to nitrous as "nos" or "naws", "nozzz" and the like is just silly. dont you agree?

Lol I use the juice on my set up with the bbr cams and I absolutely love it

slater

forum member
Reaction score
brenspeed recomended detroit rockers. so, its between those and mutha thumprs

can never make up my mind

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back