Best Wax

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Natty's Blue this morning. . . . (taken with my HTC EVO)

IMAG0281.jpg

IMAG0280.jpg

IMAG0279.jpg

Last edited:

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Good Lord, thanks a friggin lot there buddy, now I have to buy it to try it! Now where do I get it?

With anything, I suggest checking for it on Amazon.com first. I bought my last one from my old standby, detailedimage.com. Which I can get you 10% off from them if you want to go that route. Just PM me for a code.

I use them a lot, but only when they have specials or I need to buy several different items at one time. Otherwise, I hit Amazon.

spectreman

forum member
Reaction score
Money not really an issue if the stuff REALLY works. Has anyone ever used this any of these products in heat or direct sun? Being in South Florida, heat and the sun is always an issue. Cold, not so much...

Sorry fellas but pretty much disagree w/ya'll. 35 years ago, Turtle wax was the bomb in waxes...only cuz we didn't know any better. Back then, TW had polishing agents in the wax which stripped the paint.

Nowadays any high quality wax out there will work pretty much the same as others. Some may last a little longer, make paint a look a little deeper but overall, they're all gonna do/work just fine.

Me, I prefer Meguir's but will use other stuff too. In SoFla, (where I also live,) it's nearly a moot point. The heat & sun will strip whatever wax you put on the car w/in 2-4 months- don't care if it's carnuba based, polymers or the latest greatest- ya can't beat Mother Nature.

To bring out the best shine, it's a multi-phase, shoulder burning, time consuming process. 1st you gotta wash off all the dirt, then clay bar it, then remove swirls & imperfections, then polish it. The wax is the final step that seals it all in. Meguir's & Mother's, for example, have complete kits that include all the necessary ingredients for all these steps.

But the bottom line is the wax is only gonna last so long, especially here in SoFla. And that's my 2 cents.
Lee

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Sorry fellas but pretty much disagree w/ya'll. 35 years ago, Turtle wax was the bomb in waxes...only cuz we didn't know any better. Back then, TW had polishing agents in the wax which stripped the paint.

Nowadays any high quality wax out there will work pretty much the same as others. Some may last a little longer, make paint a look a little deeper but overall, they're all gonna do/work just fine.

Me, I prefer Meguir's but will use other stuff too. In SoFla, (where I also live,) it's nearly a moot point. The heat & sun will strip whatever wax you put on the car w/in 2-4 months- don't care if it's carnuba based, polymers or the latest greatest- ya can't beat Mother Nature.

To bring out the best shine, it's a multi-phase, shoulder burning, time consuming process. 1st you gotta wash off all the dirt, then clay bar it, then remove swirls & imperfections, then polish it. The wax is the final step that seals it all in. Meguir's & Mother's, for example, have complete kits that include all the necessary ingredients for all these steps.

But the bottom line is the wax is only gonna last so long, especially here in SoFla. And that's my 2 cents.
Lee

I tend to agree to a point. Some higher dollar polishes and waxes simply do a better job and aren't as difficult to remove if you're doing it by hand. Personally, my shoulders don't burn any more because I spent $169 on the Meguiar's G110v2 DA buffer. Use it to apply everything and remove wax. I remove polishes by hand since they have to come off immediately. Still, a good DA Buffer is going to really change the way you protect your car.

I also use Meguiar's Ultimate Compound when needed. My finish is still too new to require anything more. Then follow that with Meguiar's Ultimate Wax. This is a new, recently released product that so far, I like a lot better than their 2.0 Tech Wax. No more taping up my car. I can get this stuff on any of the trim and it wipes right off. No discoloring. It also produces a shine that exceeds that of Tech Wax 2.0 IMO.

But I no longer spend huge money on detailing products. I've got the complete line of Meguiar's Mirror Glaze products for working on other people's cars, or repairing areas on my cars, and that's it. I also use Meguiar's pads.

The biggest and most important step by far is how you wash and dry the car.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score

Lee

I have a very large bin of waxes, sealants, and polishes that I call the "shit I will never use again" Anyone who thinks TW from Wal-Mart is going to be "just as good" as Souveran, has never tried Souveran.

Anyone who thinks Meguire's NXT 2.0 is "just as good" as BlackFire Wet Diamond, has never tried BlackFire Wet Diamond or read the studies on how long it lasts compared to other sealants.

I think all of us know that the key to a good looking car the full process, not just the wax, but if you take two cars and do the full process on both but end in different waxes, there will be a difference.

Most people take a neglected car and throw on some wax and say "Wow, now that's amazing" because they are comparing it to an un-waxed, neglected finish.

I've seen high dollar cars with high dollar waxes that look like the damn paint is going to run off the metal. I've tried every thing that Wal-mart sells and 1/2 of it is OK for a DD, but when it comes to Concourse quality shine, they just don't add up.

Hell, Natty's is just $25 bucks for a can, it's not some high end $100 dollar wax, but it blows TW out of the water.

martinr69

Reaction score
I use the turtle wax ice then follow up with the Meguiar's quick was or the showroom.. I noticed by using both I get the deep shine and the deep color. Plus both will last a week.
Have done this and it would rain like hell outside and my boss would ask if I was wiping the car down because it was shiny and not dirty. But once you got on it you can tell it was dirty. Even this winter the ups driver was asking how Iwas able to keep it so shiny lol

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I use the turtle wax ice then follow up with the Meguiar's quick was or the showroom.. I noticed by using both I get the deep shine and the deep color. Plus both will last a week.
Have done this and it would rain like hell outside and my boss would ask if I was wiping the car down because it was shiny and not dirty. But once you got on it you can tell it was dirty. Even this winter the ups driver was asking how Iwas able to keep it so shiny lol

yep

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score

Lee

Everyone is more than entitled to their opinion. Detailing is a very subjective and opinionated subject. However to say that all waxes are nearly equal "now-a-days" is like saying that all cars are the same regardless of brand or even model. That would be crazy and the same can be said for how you compared waxes. If you are happy with whatever wax you use than so be it. It's just not fair to say they are created "nearly" equal.

I will say that there are a lot of overpriced waxes out there that are not better than others. However, we're not talking about waxes that are OTC. I'm speaking of waxes of $500+ compared to some waxes in the category of $70-160.

I live in Florida so I can speak from experience. I can say any combo that I put on my car lasts 4-8 months, depending on season, depending on the sealant and wax.

Cooter

forum member
Reaction score
There are ton's of waxes out there. To each his own. If a car is polished right, the wax or sealant will just add protection. A porter cable is a great tool to get your car looking great.

For me I like these waxes-
Pinnacle Souveran.
Wolfgang Fuzion
CG 50/50
Obsessive Detail Wet Obsession
FinishKare Pink Wax.
DistinctiveDetail excalibur
BlackFire Wet Diamond sealant
4star Sealant
ShowroomFX Sunfire XP sealant

These are just a few that I own. Sealants are making a big name for themselves in the detailing world. For the money, if you can still find the AutoGlym HD wax at Walmart, get it. Great wax for an unbelievable price.

spectreman

forum member
Reaction score
Do some of you guys really pay $100 for a can of wax? Wax? Seriously..wax? I wouldn't spend that kinda dough on a date w/a good looking woman much less a substance designed to make my car look shinier.

Again, sorry fellas, but I'm married w/children, one in an out-of-state college, the other coming up on "braces" age, not to mention only working p/t, & living in a house I can't afford. There ain't no wax in the world that's worth that kind of $$...for me. It's just wax fer crissakes. How pretty do you really want/need your car to look? The paint only goes so deep.

Me, it's a matter of priorities- taking care of my family, food, shelter, paying my electric bills, buying gas first- long before I'd ever spend more than $10-15 on wax. Shoot, even if I could afford, ain't now way I'd spend that kind of green on wax anyway. My wife would kill me dead fer sure.
Lee

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Do some of you guys really pay $100 for a can of wax? Wax? Seriously..wax? I wouldn't spend that kinda dough on a date w/a good looking woman much less a substance designed to make my car look shinier.

Again, sorry fellas, but I'm married w/children, one in an out-of-state college, the other coming up on "braces" age, not to mention only working p/t, & living in a house I can't afford. There ain't no wax in the world that's worth that kind of $$...for me. It's just wax fer crissakes. How pretty do you really want/need your car to look? The paint only goes so deep.

Me, it's a matter of priorities- taking care of my family, food, shelter, paying my electric bills, buying gas first- long before I'd ever spend more than $10-15 on wax. Shoot, even if I could afford, ain't now way I'd spend that kind of green on wax anyway. My wife would kill me dead fer sure.
Lee

I would be willing to bet that every single person in this thread would go right on over to Autozone and buy the best, yet cheapest wax they could if they were in your position. Financially caring for your family or buying expensive wax? Yeah, even DKS, who is a detailing WHORE that knows his shit, would put family before wax.

But I do get where you're going with this. I have a kid in college, one who is 17 and has braces, and a wife that watches every penny even though we are pretty well off financially.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back