Black car SWIRL MARK removal

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Awesome man you guys have been so helpful. This is what im thinking I will do for my first shot at it.

-Clay Bar
-M205 with the LC Tangerine
-Black Light with a finishing pad
-Second coat of Black Light by hand
-CG Black Wax, maybe try and find a cheaper wax for the first "go around"
any suggestions on different wax?

Blackfire Wet Diamond, Zymol Carbon, CG: Butter Wax are cheaper alternatives.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome man you guys have been so helpful. This is what im thinking I will do for my first shot at it.

-Clay Bar
-M205 with the LC Tangerine
-Black Light with a finishing pad
-Second coat of Black Light by hand
-CG Black Wax, maybe try and find a cheaper wax for the first "go around"
any suggestions on different wax?

Reason why Black was recommended is, it is heavy in fillers. If you do not care about that anymore, than feel free to use any sealant.

I personally would not use a carnauba wax on black unless it was for show's only.

Carnauba's have a melting point of 185*F. Your vehicle's surface panels can exceed this temp in the summer, especially being black.

CG Black/Lava are hybrids and have been tested to 300*F.

A standard synthetic sealant will also do well for you. BFWD, Jet Seal 109, M Seal.

Optimum Poli Seal / Opti-Seal. Four Star Products Paint Protection (really good product for the cash).

07_CALI/SPCL

Reaction score
Reason why Black was recommended is, it is heavy in fillers. If you do not care about that anymore, than feel free to use any sealant.

I personally would not use a carnauba wax on black unless it was for show's only.

Carnauba's have a melting point of 185*F. Your vehicle's surface panels can exceed this temp in the summer, especially being black.

CG Black/Lava are hybrids and have been tested to 300*F.

A standard synthetic sealant will also do well for you. BFWD, Jet Seal 109, M Seal.

Optimum Poli Seal / Opti-Seal. Four Star Products Paint Protection (really good product for the cash).

Very good info, I do live in Texas and our summers are nothing less than 115*F on average. So I will check out the hybrid sealers.

Now is the Black light a sealer or a finishing agent? Can I use lets say CG Black/Lava after Black light?

28ONE

Reaction score
Very good info, I do live in Texas and our summers are nothing less than 115*F on average. So I will check out the hybrid sealers.

Now is the Black light a sealer or a finishing agent? Can I use lets say CG Black/Lava after Black light?

CG Blacklight is a sealer with some fillers. Yes, apply CG Black/Lava after CG Blacklight...

Seer

forum member
Reaction score

CG Blacklight is a sealer with some fillers. Yes, apply CG Black/Lava after CG Blacklight...

Yep, Black Light is an oddball product. It is a sealant/glaze hybrid. It seals and fills. Black Light in itself is not meant to be a last step protection (LSP) product though. It needs something else on top of it, as it doesn't have huge durability by itself.

The combo that is recommended a lot on here is Black Light (applied to a bare surface), then CG Lava or Black, then CG V07 spray sealant.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Lava will be next on my list to try.... I have the Glasur right now from you Jay and it has a nice finish to it that's for sure.

28ONE

Reaction score
1) Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #105 , Ultra-Cut Compound, 8 oz. (M-10508) $9.99

2) Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #205, Ultra Finishing Polsih, 8 oz. (M-20508) $9.99

3) Chemical Guys Black Light - Hybrid Radiant Finish, 16 oz. (GAP-619-16) $24.99

4) Mix and Match 5-pk., LC 5.5" Hydro Tech Foam Pads (LC-5.5HT-5) $35.96
Hydro Tech Pad 1: Cyan Light Cutting Pad
Hydro Tech Pad 2: Cyan Light Cutting Pad
Hydro Tech Pad 3: Cyan Light Cutting Pad
Hydro Tech Pad 4: Tangerine Polishing Pad
Hydro Tech Pad 5: Tangerine Polishing Pad

5)Mix and Match 5-pk., LC 5.5" Hydro Tech Foam Pads (LC-5.5HT-5) $35.96
Hydro Tech Pad 1: Tangerine Polishing Pad
Hydro Tech Pad 2: Tangerine Polishing Pad
Hydro Tech Pad 3: Crimson Finishing Pad
Hydro Tech Pad 4: Crimson Finishing Pad
Hydro Tech Pad 5: Crimson Finishing Pad

Total $ 116.89

As Seer suggested, you're better off putting together your own package and you will definitely need more than one pad per color. This is something I put together from AUTOALITY.COM

Which buffer do you plan on using?

Last edited:

07_CALI/SPCL

Reaction score
oooohhhh your good! :clap:I will probably just buy a DA from Harbor and Freight for 60 bucks to try it out. I dont think im ready to drop $300 on one.

28ONE

Reaction score
oooohhhh your good! :clap:I will probably just buy a DA from Harbor and Freight for 60 bucks to try it out. I dont think im ready to drop $300 on one.

That would work too, look into getting a 5" backing plate to use for the 5.5" pads. I have better control with a 5.5" pad...

07_CALI/SPCL

Reaction score
Thats what I will do then. The harbor Freight DA with the 5.5" backing plate. I guess im still a little confused on the sealing/waxing process. I do know that you can either do a sealer or wax after your polish. But I want to use CG Black light and then a sealant on top of that cause from what Seer said CG Black light does not have a strong enough sealant and shouldnt be used as a final application. Will a spray sealant on top of that be effecient? Or do I want to use the DA to apply a sealant. I honestly dont want to mess with the wax. Or should I do a wax if im going to be doing heavy correcting?

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
If you have a little more cash to spend I would reccommend a Griots Garage DA. I think they are around $120 but have a better motor than the PC or Harbor Freight so they wont bog down and can correct more. I love mine and has been great so far!

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Thats what I will do then. The harbor Freight DA with the 5.5" backing plate. I guess im still a little confused on the sealing/waxing process. I do know that you can either do a sealer or wax after your polish. But I want to use CG Black light and then a sealant on top of that cause from what Seer said CG Black light does not have a strong enough sealant and shouldnt be used as a final application. Will a spray sealant on top of that be effecient? Or do I want to use the DA to apply a sealant. I honestly dont want to mess with the wax. Or should I do a wax if im going to be doing heavy correcting?

You can seal then wax. A sealant must be applied to a bare surface.

CG Black Light is a Sealant, and it is a glaze. It is a hybrid product.

Here is your basic process:

Wash
Clay
Polish
Seal (Black Light)
Wax (CG Black)
CG V07

You only Clay bar once or twice a year, if you clay bar, you will need to re-seal the car, as clay bar's strip everything. You only polish the car as needed.

Your maintenance process looks like this, assuming you have a coat of Black Light and Black on the car.

Wash
Wax as needed
V07 after each wash or any detail spray you choose, just they won't offer protection just spot removal.

Last edited:

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I wish I had bought the 5.5 plate. Now I've got some LC 6.5" pads that I really need to use, although most of the 5.5 pads say that you can still use them with up to a 7" pad I believe.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
I started with the Porter Cable, the newer XP can be had for around $110. It has more power than the HF one and that power is what levels the paint. The reason I recommend the PC is it will be fine for the price point for just you. If you do the swirl removal right the first time, you will only need the machine for annual polishing. I stepped up to the flex to save time and am going to start doing other cars as well.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
If you have a little more cash to spend I would reccommend a Griots Garage DA. I think they are around $120 but have a better motor than the PC or Harbor Freight so they wont bog down and can correct more. I love mine and has been great so far!

The Griots is a good DA for the money. My friend has one which I actually tried tonight. Works much better then the Harbor Freight one I currently own.

I think I'm gonna bite the bullet once I line up a few more jobs and just be a Rupes.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back