Black car SWIRL MARK removal

07_CALI/SPCL

Reaction score
I know there is probably already a thread on this but does anyone have a good, easy, simple trick to remove swirl marks from a black car? With no buffing? And if I have to what should I use? Compound? Pads? buffer? Im clueless on how to start the process.

07_CALI/SPCL

Reaction score
Yes I did, found a few things but everything was very in depth. Im looking for a simple process maybe a 3 step process.

28ONE

Reaction score
Did you check out this thread?

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84488

Truth be told, there really is no way to remove swirls without a buffer. Depending how bad the swirls are will indicate where you need to start.

If you have light swirls, you can getaway with wash, clay bar, M205 with Hydrotech Tangerine Pad, seal with BlackLight.

or

Wash, clay, apply CG EZ Creme Glaze, apply CG Jetseal.

I've done the following to my car:

Wash
Clay
M105 with Cyan Hydrotech Pad
M205 with Tangerine Hydrotech Pad
CG Blacklight
CG Black

uwishprod

Youtuber Howto
Reaction score
I know there is probably already a thread on this but does anyone have a good, easy, simple trick to remove swirl marks from a black car? With no buffing? And if I have to what should I use? Compound? Pads? buffer? Im clueless on how to start the process.

This might be way to much info for what you are looking for, but if you go to the link in my sig to the youtube channel. I made a full series on how to restore the paint on your car.

I have a black mustang and had the swirls. Turtle Wax black box works good till it rains a few times. Need anything else let me know.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
You are not going to "remove" swirls easily without a machine and rounds of polishing. You can fill them though. After a few washes they will reappear.

Try Chemical Guys Black Light and Chemical Guys Black.

07_CALI/SPCL

Reaction score
Did you check out this thread?

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84488

Truth be told, there really is no way to remove swirls without a buffer. Depending how bad the swirls are will indicate where you need to start.

If you have light swirls, you can getaway with wash, clay bar, M205 with Hydrotech Tangerine Pad, seal with BlackLight.

or

Wash, clay, apply CG EZ Creme Glaze, apply CG Jetseal.

I've done the following to my car:

Wash
Clay
M105 with Cyan Hydrotech Pad
M205 with Tangerine Hydrotech Pad
CG Blacklight
CG Black

Thank you all for the help. Where do you buy this stuff at? And when you say "Pad" does that mean a pad that goes on the buffer? Im ignorant to this so please help me out.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
You are not going to "remove" swirls easily without a machine and rounds of polishing. You can fill them though. After a few washes they will reappear.

Try Chemical Guys Black Light and Chemical Guys Black.

This^^^

Takes some work to remove them. I have multi-stage polished and now compounded mine and I finally got 98% of them out. The Blacklight helped fill in the remainder.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
You're going to need various pads and.polishes.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the help. Where do you buy this stuff at? And when you say "Pad" does that mean a pad that goes on the buffer? Im ignorant to this so please help me out.

Perfect reason to read stickies and do some research on your own before you start asking such basic questions.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
I will preface the below with this: This forum has some outstanding detailers and do not mean to take anything away from them.

With that said, my advice would be for you to register at the http://www.autogeekonline.net/ forums and read, read, read and read some more. That forum is nothing but detailing. I started at autopia and ended up at autogeek. I learned the craft around 2002 after seeing a local members black car with flawless paint. He helped get me started with a porter cable and some Meguirs body shop grade compounds to get out the swirls. I now have a Flex, a Porter Cable 7424XP, and a Griots 3in DA buffer. I am a fan of Menzurna polishes, but am looking at the 105/205 Megs combo. My point is to get the paint right you have to either put in the right work or pay a pro. If you like to do things your self and have some mechanical ability, the beginner stuff at autogeek will help. I will also put in a plug for http://www.autoality.com/ as well, the prices and CS is great.

28ONE

Reaction score
I will preface the below with this: This forum has some outstanding detailers and do not mean to take anything away from them.

With that said, my advice would be for you to register at the http://www.autogeekonline.net/ forums and read, read, read and read some more. That forum is nothing but detailing. I started at autopia and ended up at autogeek. I learned the craft around 2002 after seeing a local members black car with flawless paint. He helped get me started with a porter cable and some Meguirs body shop grade compounds to get out the swirls. I now have a Flex, a Porter Cable 7424XP, and a Griots 3in DA buffer. I am a fan of Menzurna polishes, but am looking at the 105/205 Megs combo. My point is to get the paint right you have to either put in the right work or pay a pro. If you like to do things your self and have some mechanical ability, the beginner stuff at autogeek will help. I will also put in a plug for http://www.autoality.com/ as well, the prices and CS is great.

:thumb: Well said!

07_CALI/SPCL

Reaction score
Perfect reason to read stickies and do some research on your own before you start asking such basic questions.

Seriously dont understand why people have to be rude.... I appreciate the advice my man. Like I said in my original post I KNOW there are threads on this but im wanting a SIMPLE process. Thanks again.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Seriously dont understand why people have to be rude.... I appreciate the advice my man. Like I said in my original post I KNOW there are threads on this but im wanting a SIMPLE process. Thanks again.

the one stickied is the most simple process. The only thing you can do if youre just looking for a wipe on/wipe off solution is a filler.

07_CALI/SPCL

Reaction score
28ONE, Thank you for your advice, I will check these sites out.

the one stickied is the most simple process. The only thing you can do if youre just looking for a wipe on/wipe off solution is a filler.

Thanks, I actauly bought a filler and tried it this past weekend and I guess its not enough. My car is too far gone :(

Last edited by a moderator:

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Thanks, I actauly bought a filler and tried it this past weekend and I guess its not enough. My car is too far gone :(

Grab a decent DA, get some good cutting pads ( LC Hydro-Tech Cyan, CG: Hex-Logic Yellow, Orange) some M105 or CG V32,V34 and go to town, don't be afraid of using some pressure either.

Then step up to good polish M205 or CG 36,38 with the correct pad like the LC Tangerine or CG Hex Blue.

Finish it with Menzerna 4500, sealant, and a good wax. You'll like the results.

If you have any questions or what further breakdown message me or even Jay(Seer) he is extremely knowledgable on these things

07_CALI/SPCL

Reaction score
Grab a decent DA, get some good cutting pads ( LC Hydro-Tech Cyan, CG: Hex-Logic Yellow, Orange) some M105 or CG V32,V34 and go to town, don't be afraid of using some pressure either.

Then step up to good polish M205 or CG 36,38 with the correct pad like the LC Tangerine or CG Hex Blue.

Finish it with Menzerna 4500, sealant, and a good wax. You'll like the results.

If you have any questions or what further breakdown message me or even Jay(Seer) he is extremely knowledgable on these things

Awesome man you guys have been so helpful. This is what im thinking I will do for my first shot at it.

-Clay Bar
-M205 with the LC Tangerine
-Black Light with a finishing pad
-Second coat of Black Light by hand
-CG Black Wax, maybe try and find a cheaper wax for the first "go around"
any suggestions on different wax?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back