Boss 302 steering wheel

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
AFAIK you need to add 2 pins to the factory shaker harness on pins 18 and 19 after you pass the correctly colored ones(green and purple off new harness) through the clock spring with the 2 WPT440 connectors

Ah. I guess I'll have to tear apart the dash and take a look at the radio harness. I got the two wpt440 connectors and I'm looking at my steering wheel going wtf?

Does the shaker500 support phones?!?!

Sent from my microwave

Last edited:

chaoscentral

forum member
Reaction score
Ah. I guess I'll have to tear apart the dash and take a look at the radio harness. I got the two wpt440 connectors and I'm looking at my steering wheel going wtf?

Does the shaker500 support phones?!?!

Sent from my microwave

I don't think so, so the phone buttons would be useless. Those WPT440 connectors both go into the clock spring on either side, so you wire from the steering wheel to one of the connectors which plugs into the un used slot on the clock spring. and on the bottom left side of the clock spring is another spot to plug in the WPT440, this is the output where you run the wiring into the correct pins on the factory shaker harness.

I don't think it matters which wire goes where since the two wires just measure resistance anyways.

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
What exactly are you trying to control with the steering wheel buttons? Just volume and skip?

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
What exactly are you trying to control with the steering wheel buttons? Just volume and skip?

Yes, that would be excellent! Maybe even the play/pause button. :crazy:

I don't think so, so the phone buttons would be useless. Those WPT440 connectors both go into the clock spring on either side, so you wire from the steering wheel to one of the connectors which plugs into the un used slot on the clock spring. and on the bottom left side of the clock spring is another spot to plug in the WPT440, this is the output where you run the wiring into the correct pins on the factory shaker harness.

I don't think it matters which wire goes where since the two wires just measure resistance anyways.

Hmm, okay. I'll have to look at the stock connector in person to figure this out. Did you get yours working?

Never got my cruise to work...

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
I had a shop do the wiring on my 2011 steering wheel. He said it was pretty easy. He had to add a small module to make the stereo controls work.

redbar0n11

forum member
Reaction score
How about taking Airbags from '07 model into a '13 Wheel? Does anyone know if this works?? What parts on the airbag can be changed? The pony emblem should be able to be changed, right? What about the whole rippled plastic cover?

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
How about taking Airbags from '07 model into a '13 Wheel? Does anyone know if this works?? What parts on the airbag can be changed? The pony emblem should be able to be changed, right? What about the whole rippled plastic cover?

The airbag swapped over just fine. I changed the airbag cover though just for looks but the cover from the 07 fits the new wheel.

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
I'm really liking the idea of this swap.

Kind of off topic, but anyone know the part # 2012 Boss steering wheel? They don't seem to have all the bells and whistles.

EDIT: nevermind, I found them
gt500: CR3Z-3600-AB - $162 from levittown ford.
Boss: CR3Z-3600-AA - $240 @ same site.

Last edited:

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
As long as I could get cruise to work, Id be all over this wheel

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back