Boss Exhaust Cams/Coyote Cam Swap

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
People rev stock OPGs past 7K all the time. Boss 302 spin to 7500. How many people have shattered them NA? Because I'm struggling to find them. All I see are PD blower guys that slammed off the limiter. I've talked to a few shops, a few tuners, and they all say do the springs but you don't really need to worry about the gears until you start revving the shit out of the engine or hang a blower off it. Basic bolt ons typically don't spin high enough to need them according to them.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Stock OPG, as long as they are in good shape, are fine to 7500 RPM.

This is straight from engineering at Ford and Ford Performance. Past that point, in NA trim, the balancer and the gears will become less reliable.

This is why, the same gears that Dylan has...are in the 2015-2017 engines...and Ford offers a complete GT350 Upgrade package that makes almost 500hp with a 7500rpm rev limiter...and they provide a full warranty on it.

If the gears were an issue, Ford would not offer a warranty on that package. That tune also has no-lift shifting features built in (that they heavily promote)...so they know it will be beat on.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
That said, I would upgrade alllllll the things if it were me.

Dylan is just being budget minded.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Its your car and your money. Just trying to keep you from doing it all over a second time.

Kelly, why does ford racing put billet opg's in all of the aluminators now? N/A and FI applications?

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
marketing

2013 GT500 was fully validated with the blower and with cast oil pump gears. Crank might be forged?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back