Brake line size

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
I’m wanting to replace the brake line from the brake booster to the proportioning valve (think that’s what it’s called) but don’t know the size…? I’m adding line lock. Wanting to make a custom line from the booster to the solenoid, then from solenoid to prop valve. Can I use the same style fitting on both ends of the line? In other words, will the fittings that screw into the booster & valve also screw into the solenoid?

IMG_3855.jpeg

07 Boss

Reaction score
If you do it that way aren't you going to lock both the front brakes AND rear brakes? Kinda defeats the purpose, no?

I used a dual solenoid set up on the front brakes only. It's an easy set up and you can utilize all of your stock lines but I opted to swap out for some braided lines.

I have an overhead switch that powers up the line lock and I have another switch that changes the OD button on my shifter to use for activating the line lock.

Edit: My bad, it looks like you meant ABS Module not proportioning valve.

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
Yeah got proportioning valve confused but figured it out researching lines. If I’m seeing it right, I’m doing it like the Hurst kit is hooked up. Basically putting the solenoid between the prop valve and ABS module. There’s (what I think are) 2 1/4 lines coming from the prop valve to the ABS module…1 for front & 1 for rear. Then 4 3/16 lines going out of the module to calipers. I’m tapping in between the main line for the front calipers.

The overhead switch panel is awesome…did you make that?

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
When I added a line lock to my 2010 GT I put the solenoid valve in the front break circuit between the master cylinder and the ABS motor. I reused the original tube nuts at the master cylinder and ABS motor on the new line and purchased double flare adapters from Summit Racing. If memory serves, the original line and fittings are metric.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
original fittings are metric and the brake lines are bubble flares, not inverted double flares

07 Boss

Reaction score
The overhead switch panel is awesome…did you make that?

Yeah, it's pretty easy and ran the wires up the A pillar alongside the stock harness. The other switch was going to power up my launch control but never got around to it. Got a couple of other custom panels.

This one runs my fan and water pump without the motor on to cool it down in the pits quickly.

And this was extra switch in the door pops the trunk when you pull up.

JC SSP

Reaction score
Yeah never understood why the S197 never came with trunk switches???

My Fox and SN95 all had them.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
my '12 has a trunk release button, in the center console. I'm assuming they're absent on the 05-09 models? Surprised there's not one on the bottom of the dash or bottom of seat. That sucks there's no button

JC SSP

Reaction score
Yes my 05 and 06 had no button.

My 87 is SSP so it’s next to the steering column and my 96 just like my 86 and 88 were in the glove box.

JC SSP

Reaction score
Ok so 2010-2014 has trunk release button and I know for a fact 05-06 does not, I am assuming 08-09 is the same?

Why did Ford do this? It cannot be the cost of a button and wiring…

Could it be option or trim level?

GlassTop09

Reaction score
I am assuming 08-09 is the same?
Assume no more as my '09 GT didn't come OEM w\ a trunk release button installed.........it's a Glass Roof version of the GT Premium series (base model of Glass Roof equipped GT's).

I installed a SHR trunk release button in the headlight switch bezel on upper rt side (looking at the back side of this bezel, there is molding existing on upper rt side of bezel that indicates that a switch of some type was intended to exist here but not installed--some other Ford models have the trunk release button located in this same area of headlight switch bezel) so I drilled the hole for my current switch in the center of this molding so my SHR trunk release button is located on the upper rt side of headlight bezel.

Last edited:

AHaze

Reaction score
Brake tubing is measured by outside diameter, is it not? Get out a set of calipers or slip wrenches over it until you find the one that fits snug. As others have mentioned, it will be metric.

JC SSP

Reaction score
6mm is close to 1/4” so I think you got it right.

Back