Brake Pads for 2011 Brembo GT

J.Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Need to replace my front pads and was looking for a suitable replacement.

Spirited driving, no track days. Would like something with a bit less dust than the stock Brembo pads but do not want to sacrifice performance.

Thanks for any suggestions.

JJ427R

Reaction score

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Heard good things about the Duralast pads that Dave linked above.

When my wife's brakes wore out I installed Hawk HPS pads on her car, front and rear.
Much less brake dust than the OEM pads, and great stopping power.
Her car is a 2008 GT500, same front/rear calipers/rotors as in all the 2011-2014 Brembo-pack GT's.

JJ427R

Reaction score
Heard good things about the Duralast pads that Dave linked above.

When my wife's brakes wore out I installed Hawk HPS pads on her car, front and rear.
Much less brake dust than the OEM pads, and great stopping power.
Her car is a 2008 GT500, same front/rear calipers/rotors as in all the 2011-2014 Brembo-pack GT's.
I disagree with the Hawk HPS having less dust, had those on my 2010 and they are terrible for dust, as all Hawk pads are, HPS work great for normal driving, but not for a track days, they fade very quickly. I've also used the Hawk DTC-30 and HP+. I currently use Ferodo Racing DS2500 pads, made by Federal Mogul, they are a street/track day pad and have less dust and squeal than the Hawks, but still have some of both, as all good performance pads will. They work great on the track as well, if you ever decide to do that...
Probably not much difference but I have Stoptech 4 piston instead of Brembo on my 2010...

Last edited:

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Any performance pad is going to give you dust... I highly recommend contacting Dave Zeckhausen at Zeckhausen Racing, he will recommend exactly what you need, great guy and knows his braking... US Stoptech distributor and also carries Brembo stuff
https://www.zeckhausen.com/

here is what is listed for 2011 Mustang GT with Brembo
https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=11_90_3645_3646_3648
Highly recommend giving Zeckhausen racing a call, this guy knows his shit! He sold me posi quite pads for my stop tech setup. He never just picks tje phone up so leave the message, he is prompt with returning calls. 502 miles of heavy braking and no dust to speak of. I don't track my car just very spirited driving.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JJ427R

Reaction score
Highly recommend giving Zeckhausen racing a call, this guy knows his shit! He sold me posi quite pads for my stop tech setup. He never just picks tje phone up so leave the message, he is prompt with returning calls. 502 miles of heavy braking and no dust to speak of. I don't track my car just very spirited driving.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Glad you mentioned to leave a message, he will return calls promptly...

Here are a few laps with the Ferodo pads at Road America this past weekend.....

J.Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Spoke (email) with David Zeckhausen. He emailed me back the same day.

"Time to replace the pads on my 2011 Mustang GT with Brembo package.The car doesn't see track days (and if it will, I'll get a dedicated track pad) but I do enjoy spirited street driving. So, I am looking for a pad that performs at least as well as stock (preferably better) but with less brake dust and I don't want them to eat up my rotor.
What do you suggest?
Thanks!"

He recommended Hawk HPS 5.0 (red box).

JJ427R

Reaction score
Spoke (email) with David Zeckhausen. He emailed me back the same day.

"Time to replace the pads on my 2011 Mustang GT with Brembo package.The car doesn't see track days (and if it will, I'll get a dedicated track pad) but I do enjoy spirited street driving. So, I am looking for a pad that performs at least as well as stock (preferably better) but with less brake dust and I don't want them to eat up my rotor.
What do you suggest?
Thanks!"

He recommended Hawk HPS 5.0 (red box).
Those are a newer version than I had, the ones I had were blue box, let us know how they are after you try em...

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I use Hawk HPS front and rear... with 2.5" silicone brake hoses on the front, since it was an easy add on with my CDC lower chin spoiler. No more brake stink, minimal dust, with just spirited DD / hwy use. The kit came with the 2.5" silicone brake hoses, and the fittings to attach to the cdc lower chin spoiler. And also a pair of 14" new front dust shields with the fittings for the hoses. They are now advertised as 3" hoses on the same kit. I use em all year round. The only time I would block off the front openings is when bedding in new brake pads... or knowing I would be driving down some dirty / dusty roads..which never happens these days. Black gorilla tape would easily temp block off both openings. Pads work just fine right down to just below freezing temps. Usual deal is, if approaching freezing, I just park the car anyway...and use my Fusion.

The Boss 302 lower chin spoiler can be fitted with 3"silicone brake hoses. Those orange hoses are smooth bore on the inside, and corrugated on the outside...rated for 550 deg F.

The newer Hawk HPS-5.0 is supposed to be quite an improvement over the original HPS version, but again they are NOT a track oriented pad, just a hd DD pad. I believe Sky render recently installed HPS-5.0 pads. Both the newer and older versions would be adequate for auto cross or strip use.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I disagree with the Hawk HPS having less dust, had those on my 2010 and they are terrible for dust, as all Hawk pads are, HPS work great for normal driving, but not for a track days, they fade very quickly. I've also used the Hawk DTC-30 and HP+. I currently use Ferodo Racing DS2500 pads, made by Federal Mogul, they are a street/track day pad and have less dust and squeal than the Hawks, but still have some of both, as all good performance pads will. They work great on the track as well, if you ever decide to do that...
Probably not much difference but I have Stoptech 4 piston instead of Brembo on my 2010...

The OP said he's not doing track days.

The Hawk HPS 5.0 pads (make sure they're the 5.0) are very good pads for street/autocross use and have zero dust.

EDIT:
I did a review of them; I was one of the first people to get sent the 5.0 pads; I put them both front and rear:

https://motoiq.com/project-mustang-...h-hawk-performance-and-disc-brakes-australia/

J.Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies (and the link to the review, Sky)!

Ordered some HPS 5.0's. Will let you know initial impressions once I get them on the car.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back