Bronco Teaser Video

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Jeep Strongly Hints a V8 392 HEMI Wrangler is Coming to Take on The New 2021 Ford Bronco. Should this come to fruition? Will Ford offer a Coyote 5.0 option for the new Bronco? IMHO they should if they're serious about competing head to head with the Jeep Wrangler knowing that Ford is committed to becoming the 4x4 leader.

My only disappointment with the new Bronco, is Ford doesn't offer a Coyote 5.0 option, however, it wouldn't be a deal breaker, as I would most definitely settle for the 2.7L EcoBoost V6 2 door without a doubt :waytogo:

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My hope is the 2.7EB finds it's way into the Ranger now that it's in the Bronco since they will be built on the same line.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Jeep Strongly Hints a V8 392 HEMI Wrangler is Coming to Take on The New 2021 Ford Bronco. Should this come to fruition? Will Ford offer a Coyote 5.0 option for the new Bronco? IMHO they should if they're serious about competing head to head with the Jeep Wrangler knowing that Ford is committed to becoming the 4x4 leader.

My only disappointment with the new Bronco, is Ford doesn't offer a Coyote 5.0 option, however, it wouldn't be a deal breaker, as I would most definitely settle for the 2.7L EcoBoost V6 2 door without a doubt :waytogo:

I'd rather have the 2.7EB than the 5.0 in a Bronco. They could put the 3.0EB from the Explorer in it down the road.

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
That would be a death trap...

6b8e964b43bcd65e2050b635a55f9bfe.jpg

c1bafe38c206c626a7e38f027564ffa7.jpg

Kinda like this?! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
My hope is the 2.7EB finds it's way into the Ranger now that it's in the Bronco since they will be built on the same line.

Saw an article somewhere saying that the Ranger Raptor is gonna come to the US, and most likely with the 2.7 in it

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score

I'm not all that worried about a 392 Wrangler. A loaded Wrangler is already $60k. How much will a 392 model go for? $75k?? Fuck that. I wouldn't spend anywhere near $50k for either one of these

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Saw an article somewhere saying that the Ranger Raptor is gonna come to the US, and most likely with the 2.7 in it

More than likely so will a 60k price tag for a fully loaded Ranger Raptor.

I'm not all that worried about a 392 Wrangler. A loaded Wrangler is already $60k. How much will a 392 model go for? $75k?? Fuck that. I wouldn't spend anywhere near $50k for either one of these

Neither would I for that matter lol.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong a 5.0 Bronco would be really awesome and for driving on the street that would be bad ass. But wouldn't a engine with lots of low end grunt be better suited to something for rock crawling and mudding?

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong a 5.0 Bronco would be really awesome and for driving on the street that would be bad ass. But wouldn't a engine with lots of low end grunt be better suited to something for rock crawling and mudding?

This is exactly why I would rather have the 2.7EB. The power delivery is just better suited IMO.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
slightly off topic, but kinda not.... The idea that a big honkin' V8 is needed to wheel is total BS. The OG military Willy's MB/Ford GPW were pretty unstoppable with just 60 hp.

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
slightly off topic, but kinda not.... The idea that a big honkin' V8 is needed to wheel is total BS. The OG military Willy's MB/Ford GPW were pretty unstoppable with just 60 hp.

Yup it’s about gearing and torque

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
The 2.7 EcoBoost V6 is supposedly gonna put out 310 HP and 400 ft-lbs of torque.
That's a nice amount of torque.
Every time I've driven a 2.7 F150 I've always been pleasantly surprised with the power. I'm sure it will do well in the lighter Bronco.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Despite the 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 as the base engine for the F-150 truck line, Ford nevertheless continues to provide the 5.0L modular V8 as an option. Therefore, if the need for a V8 power plant is no longer needed to power them, then why even bother to continue offering them as an option for the F-150 trucks, to begin with when there's other V6 options such as the 2.7L and 3.5L EcoBoost engines? That being said, if Ford can continue to offer the 5.0L modular V8 for the F-150 trucks as an option, then why not also do the same for the new Bronco as an option for potential buyers who may want them :shrug:

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Despite the 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 as the base engine for the F-150 truck line, Ford nevertheless continues to provide the 5.0L modular V8 as an option. Therefore, if the need for a V8 power plant is no longer needed to power them, then why even bother to continue offering them as an option for the F-150 trucks, to begin with when there's other V6 options such as the 2.7L and 3.5L EcoBoost engines? That being said, if Ford can continue to offer the 5.0L modular V8 for the F-150 trucks as an option, then why not also do the same for the new Bronco as an option for potential buyers who may want them :shrug:

My guess would be simply that the Coyote 5.0 doesn't fit.

I am no expert on the matter but the Bronco is on a modified version/next gen version of the Ranger platform. I know displacement doesn't really matter to physical size but the current ranger platform couldn't fit the 2.7 EB The modified/next gen obviously can, as we see in the Bronco. So I would assume the 5.0 doesn't fit or doesn't fit well enough to meet crash standards.

or they are saving it as a trick to boost sales in a few years lol

And I believe Ford continues to offer the 5.0 in the F-150 because they now there is a % of truck buyers that would go elsewhere if they couldn't have a V8

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Cost. The F-series pool of potential buyers is HUGE. The larger the pool the more interests to serve. Many people don't want the "complex" Ecoboost engines. They want a "simple" V8. Ford can justify the offering as enough people opt for it. The pool for the Bronco is MUCH smaller. Ford will not sell anywhere near as many Broncos as F150's. The cost to engineer it to fit and certify it and finally produce it is not likely feasible for the number of people that would select it. It's simple the wrong power plant for the intended purpose from the factory.

Now I love the 5.0 DOHC V8. It's amazing. But....look at the Ecoboost engines and try to convince me they are not equal to or better on every front in this application? The current truck 5.0 DOHC is rated at 395 hp at 5750 and 400 ft-lbs at 4500. The 2.7EB is rated at 325 hp at 5000 and 400 ft-lbs at 2750.

Same torque, almost 2000 rpm sooner. At about 2800 the 5.0 makes about 125 hp and 275 ft-lbs to the wheels in an F150. The 2.7EB is at about 190/340. The torque is more accessible without unneeded engine speed.

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
My drummer had a sweet loaded FX4 EB, with all the intercooler and tune tweaks, awesome truck.
But he sold it because it didn’t have the V-8 sound. He now has a pretty bad fbo Dodge Ram R/T just because it has that rumble (and lope with a pretty aggressive cam).
There is definitely a market for the v8, because race car

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back