Bubbling paint

cody2639

forum member
Reaction score
My 2008 has it on the front edge on the underside. My sisters 06 GT had it as well. I think its from how the water runs off the hood somehow? hell i dunno...drives me nuts though.

I was told its from the aluminum hood oxidizing from the application of paint. So basically poor materials engineering from ford

CGRE-06

Reaction score
Ford does not seal the body crimps properly, been like that since day one. You either love them or hate them. I have learned to love them! My 06 has it also sand and touch up for now.

Axton_118

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds about right Cody. I know that when i get a car wash thats where the water sort of collects and drips from.

voodoo

forum member
Reaction score
Yep, pretty sure the hood overhang on these cars coupled with some shitty materials and/or work from Ford is the culprit. Noticed how they got rid of the overhanging hood on the 13 and 14 cars. My 08 has it now too. Just noticed it today. Pisses me off even more than the self-removing door panel insert issue, the alternator issue, the battery-eating issue, the spark plug issue, the airbag emblem paint issue, etc.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back