Built motor or 03-04 cobra?

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am trying to decide whether or not to go with a built motor or just buy a cobra as a second play toy. I think the cobra would be a badass ride but then again so would my 05 with the built motor and more boost. The only downfall I can see with the cobra is extra insurance every year. Need some help with this, I've got money burning a hole in my pocket and it's driving me nuts.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Get the Cobra, those cars are beasts and respond well to all mods just like the gt500.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've got money burning a hole in my pocket and it's driving me nuts.
Save? Invest? I know these words may be foreign to Mustang-ers, but I figured I'd just throw it out there. :beerchug2:

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Save? Invest? I know these words may be foreign to Mustang-ers, but I figured I'd just throw it out there. :beerchug2:

I do have quite a bit of money saved up and I think now is not the best time to be investing. I have worked over 1700 hours this year already and I am ready to spend some money, no point in working all the time if I can't have some fun.

I am really torn between the two, if I didn't have so much money in my car I would sell it and get a gt500 but I don't feel like losing my ass since I have about 25k in mods on the 05. I know if I go the built engine route I will end up with another 20k in it by time I do the tr6060 swap

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
I say built S197.....

Most of the guys with pulley swaps, exhaust, cold-air and custom tune's are making anywhere from 440-480 rwhp......

You are already boosted correct?? and probably not too far off these numbers....So, a built motor is gonna run well boosted against a Cobra with say a Ported Eaton and full bolt-on's..... And the weight is not a factor here, considering they weigh pretty close to each other....I say build the S197.....Lot's of people with Cobra's, and they all do the same mods.....

Chris

P.S. (I am a Cobra fan, not dissing them at all!!)

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
I'd go with the S197, but that's just me.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE a nice Terminator... I just really, REALLY like the 05+ GT's. Most beautiful and quickest GT Mustang Ford has ever made.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back