Burnout I did tonight.

Josh@PMP

Reaction score
I think its time for a Spec or Fidanza

I have drove a car with a Fidanza I did not like it at all... It chattered a bit much for my taste and I'm not willing to risk it with trying one.

I think I might be going GT500 clutch......:beerdrink:

V

VSOP

I have drove a car with a Fidanza I did not like it at all... It chattered a bit much for my taste and I'm not willing to risk it with trying one.

I think I might be going GT500 clutch......:beerdrink:
You going to upgrade the Tranny to a 26 spline input shaft..?
I think I am going to go with a spec or ram dual disc, but I am waiting to see how other people feel about them. Cekim did the dual disc on his TR6060 I think. I would hate to spend $1500 on the spec only to find out a month later it sucks

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
go with the spec. no problems with it and ive done numerous burnouts and still have no issues

Josh@PMP

Reaction score
I think I am going to go with a spec or ram dual disc, but I am waiting to see how other people feel about them. Cekim did the dual disc on his TR6060 I think. I would hate to spend $1500 on the spec only to find out a month later it sucks

Yea no matter what I do I'm doing a 26 spline this time..... Last time I was in a rush and did what I had to do to get it up for FFW GA... This time there are no events that I plan on attending for a little while.

I would like to do the GT500 Clutch, but a custom 6 bolt flywheel is gonna cost way to much I think. I know PH is having good results with the GT500 clutch in both their cars.

I too am not willing to test out specs clutch without seeing results at that price....

V

VSOP

I'm holding out to see what the Steeda Price for the TR6060 kit is going to be. I'm hoping I can do the shortblock and tranny at the same time so I can just get the 8 bolt flywheel and not need a 6 for the stock crank.

This will all depend on how long my stock Clutch holds with the whipple. I might have to give in like Cekim and put my own kit together.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sweet burnout bro! Too bad about the clutch man! I'd be pissed!

Josh@PMP

Reaction score
Sweet burnout bro! Too bad about the clutch man! I'd be pissed!

Nah.... Like I said its my toy car. I have something else to drive... If your gonna play you gotta pay. No point in getting upset....

I will tell you what upsets me, is this intermidiate engine misfire that I have been getting. I have changed plugs, swapped out COP's and still have the problem... It just seems to come and go.:poke:

06TorchVertGT

Reaction score
Well, you will always have the burnout contest win to look back on.
Nice smoke show!!

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Spec supertwin stage II is a beast - I would say it goes too far to be streetable. It engages VERY harsh... Pedal is light, but engagement is instant and brutal... Think NASCAR leaving the pits on a ~300 RWHP setup...

It does it's job in terms of handling torque (see my sub-title) and I may put it back in once the turbos are up and running.

Spec is awesome though - I had what I thought was a rough used engine that was not well cared for in the 05... I expected the AL flywheel to make it even rougher... Fired up the Spec flywheel and it just purred...

I am erroring on the side of caution and going all the way down to a 3+ for now. The stage I supertwin should be somewhere inbetween, but given the hassle of changing clutches and the fact that I won't need the torque handling until the engine trans go in/out again - I am stuffing a 3+ on there for now that will eventually move over to the 06...

p.s. reverse is much more pleasant, so it may be with a nice high 1st gear (i.e. 3650) and rear-gear (4.10) the stage II would be ok - but the TR6060 1st gear and 3.73 means you are fighting a stall to get moving on the street...

Last edited:

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
+2 on the spec clutch.... even though I only drove it out of the garage =-( ... it felt goooooooood

99Light

Just got back from the test drive... Clutch is shot.... That was a freaking $1000 burnout :(

Ohh well....

Set of Tires... $500
New clutch....$1000

Making that Z06 owner look like a tool...Priceless!

Josh@PMP

Reaction score
Set of Tires... $500
New clutch....$1000

Making that Z06 owner look like a tool...Priceless!

HAHA Thanks. From that statement I know you where there as I left the Z06's Wimpy little burnout out of the video :) :rock:

I told my buddy that was in the car with me that no matter what I was going to do a better burnout than the Z06... :p

Ohh and Welcome to S197Forum!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back