C&L Racer CAI 05-09

Thekid760

forum member
Reaction score
C&L Racer CAI without the heat shield.

I bought it used from peetiewonder and haven't even bolted it on yet. I upgraded to a JLT series 3 so I'm selling this exactly as I bought it. It's used and could use a filter cleaning, and has one small wear/rub on the MAF, but is in overall great condition.

$100 shipped. 49 states only. I work an odd schedule, so please give me 2-3 business days to ship.

photo5.jpg

P1010017.jpg

Last edited:

Thekid760

forum member
Reaction score
Anytime you can reduce or eliminate heat in intake will usually net some gains. How much is debatable.

The other heat shields are just that, a shield. They don't cover entire filter like they should for optimum heat elimination.

I personally don't think it's that big of a deal. But Id be considered biased, so take it for what it's worth.

Misspelling courtesy of my fat fingers...

Mikes06GT

forum member
Reaction score
I've always wondered how much it does. It's all packed under same hot hood. I just figured though when it does take in air it's minimizing the hotter air from motor and more from outside but that would be an interesting dyno comparison.

Thekid760

forum member
Reaction score
Heat is transferred by 3 means: Radiation, Conduction, & Convection.

The shield will only block the radiant heat. It is not sealed enough to block the convection which IMHO is the biggest one to be concerned about with air intakes. And the plastic tube will help minimize the conducted heat.

Misspelling courtesy of my fat fingers...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back