cam ?'s

Scarecrow

Reaction score
OK guys, its been a while since my last mod ( whipple ). Im thinkin bout goin with some cams now. So my question is, what cams do you guys suggest as far as brand goes. Also, anyone runnin the rough idle cams? If so, do you like them? And my last questions, if you did the install yourself( i hear it was a pain in the arse) was it really that bad? Id like to do it myself (depending on the reply i get with this) so is there any good step by steps out there for the install? Hopefully this isnt to much of a re-post. Its just easier for me to get all my questions answered in one thread. Thanks again

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for the most power gains from the cams, I'd go with Comp Cams.... If you are looking for the most aggressive lope, I'd go with the BBR's.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The best cams you can get for the money (right now, anyway) are the ones that you already have in there IMO.

I have seen cam data on almost all of them in person (not from the mags or ads) and I am not impressed with any of them and don't think any of them are worth what they cost. It's a lot of money for a lope sound IMO.

I do think there will be some sick grinds and options cam wise for us in the near future but I just don't see it right now without a vct delete mixed in.

I would use some of that money to p/p the heads and upgrade everything else in the valve train and leave the cams alone without a second thought IMO. That's money better spent to me.

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Livernois has a kit and they seem pretty good to me. Larry H would be a great person to answer your questions as he has built a couple of strokers already. I'd send him a PM if I were you.

Scarecrow

Reaction score
Livernois has a kit and they seem pretty good to me. Larry H would be a great person to answer your questions as he has built a couple of strokers already. I'd send him a PM if I were you.

thanks ill have to do that.

2oo5GT

I have the Comp Stage 3 cams and installed my BBK TB and gained 27rwhp. There is a faint lobe to it, barely though. I paid $1140.00 but that included cam and spring install, oil,coolant and new plugs. But i'm N/A. I would probably call and get some grinded for your application.

2oo5GT

After everything done for the install of the cams/springs, fluids and spark plugs and to install the spark plugs it came to 1140.00. For just doing the cams and springs it would have been 1020.00 + tax, so maybe about 1050.00. I called ATS that's about 2 hours away and they quoted 1200-1500 for the install but didn't include anything else.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back