Camber Plates

03fridge

Reaction score
Getting my parts together to do my strut change. I've been doing a lot of reading on the boards and am definitely going with camber plates over the Ford factory strut mounts. Is there much of a difference between the MM plates and the Steeda HD ones? If so, which ones do you prefer?

My car is an 07 Saleen, daily driven with the enjoyable sprint in the country on the weekends.

ren274u

forum member
Reaction score
I had Steeda HD mounts on my 06, and now have the J&M mounts on my 08. Both are nice pieces and do the job.

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
I had the MM camber/caster plates - if I had to do it over again, I would choose the Steeda HD or J&M mounts - less noise.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
I've got the MM plates, but can't comment about noise... lots of rod ends, near-solid motor mounts, high-durometer front LCA bushings, no cats and FR500C mufflers kinda cover up any transmitted noise from the front struts...

03fridge

Reaction score
Those are nice. Read the write up in the link. Does anyone have any real world experience with the ground control. cc plates?

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those are nice. Read the write up in the link. Does anyone have any real world experience with the ground control. cc plates?

ummm I do . You should see the new race camber plates "not listed" all soild bushings and can get -4% from just the plates. I just got two sets. it requires notching out the upper shock tower like the fr500c's.

I ran the street version on the race car and actually have a used set lying around someplace. I like them but I'm like the others . gutted car , helmet , race tires and loud exhaust cover any noise up.

ask for Jay at gc if you call .......

Last edited:

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
this is a picture of the race plates on a customers car I'm doing. pretty trick plate but for sure not for the street. Notice all the materail I had to remove to get them to work like they should.

394070238.jpg

394070241.jpg

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
I've had a set of the GC's for a while now that came on their coilovers, probably 20,000 miles or so on them now. Dead silent when they were new. They're starting to get a little noisy when it's cold outside, but I might just need to re-tighten the strut nuts again (had one come loose a while back).

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
Fair enough. I think I'll go for a set of the GC race CC plates next though, they sound great :thumb2:

Sam Strano

forum member
Reaction score
I like the MM Plates, they are super high quality. And you guys are confusing range of adjustment with how much camber you can get.

The car starts with negative camber, you gain more from lowering. Then you add the range on top of it. Hell, Steeda HD mounts which have around 1 degree of adjustment can easily put a car over -2 total. :)

I'm a Maximum Motorsport dealer as well as others... but for RACE use I'd recommend the MM's. For street use I'd recommend Steeda HD mounts (which are actually camber plates, but use urethane bushings for less noise and impact harshness).

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The car starts with negative camber, you gain more from lowering. Then you add the range on top of it. Hell, Steeda HD mounts which have around 1 degree of adjustment can easily put a car over -2 total. :)

My car runs about 3.5 passenger and needs around 4 on the driver for most the tracks I'm on.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back