Can anyone weigh in on the price of a foxbody coupe

Dave@StreetCar1320

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the place to post this question but here goes.

I have first shot at buying a '93 metallic red notchback. Black interior, 5.0, 5spd, all stock, never molested. Last I saw the car it still had the air silencer in it. Car is pretty clean and runs great. Only thing is the mileage which is at 187,xxx. Guy said he is looking for 3400. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. What do you all think its worth?

Thanks!

Chronos

forum member
Reaction score
Go to KBB.com (Kelley Blue Book) and do a search for that car to get a price. Based on the year and mileage, I would guess around $1500 to $2000. That motor is not long for this earth with that many miles. You will have to invest in a rebuild.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
fox body coupes around here go for more money than that, unless they are totally ragged out. to get a decent one in this part of the texas, you'll rarely see anything under 5k. Really nice ones will go for over 6k easily. of course the assumption here is that these are all 5.0 cars

we're talking 87 toi 93's only. four eyed coupes don't bring as much.

in the part of the country where you are...can you find one that isn't a rust bucket?

gijosh28

Bad Penny
Reaction score
If the interior and exterior is in good shape, and the car hasnt been wrecked the motor doesnt matter. You can buy a 6 pack of 302s. Truth be told the best fox body to buy is a 4 cylinder automatic. They stand the least chance of being beaten up on. In Florida you can buy "stock/unmolested" fox bodies all day that drive like crabs. Either they were wrecked real bad, or they had soo much motor in them and launched with the fronts in the air soo many times, that they twisted up the chassis. Then they put a stock 302 back in and sell it as "stock/unmolested."

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
In Florida you can buy "stock/unmolested" fox bodies all day that drive like crabs. Either they were wrecked real bad, or they had soo much motor in them and launched with the fronts in the air soo many times, that they twisted up the chassis. Then they put a stock 302 back in and sell it as "stock/unmolested."

that's a scary thougt

anyway i think he was asking about notches perhaps? they bring more money down here

the only fox body i owned was a 79 hatch that i bought new. only real problem with that was i got rid of a 67gta fast back to buy that p.o.s.

here's an example, but no pics:
http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/1280322531.html

here's another
http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/1251934364.html

Last edited:

gijosh28

Bad Penny
Reaction score
Thats an example of a car to stay away from:

shift kit
rebuilt title
2 1/2" cowl induction hood, new starter, new alternator

sounds like a front end collision to me. shift kit means the aod is long in the tooth.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
it just goes to the prices that are being asked around here for notches. i wasn't really making any comment on the description or conditon of the car.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the place to post this question but here goes.

I have first shot at buying a '93 metallic red notchback. Black interior, 5.0, 5spd, all stock, never molested. Last I saw the car it still had the air silencer in it. Car is pretty clean and runs great. Only thing is the mileage which is at 187,xxx. Guy said he is looking for 3400. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. What do you all think its worth?

Thanks!

Check it thoroughly but I'd say if it is exactly as described then $3400 is a good price.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Check it thoroughly but I'd say if it is exactly as described then $3400 is a good price.

For a strawberry red coupe with black interior and a 5 speed, that's a GREAT price. Assuming of course, it's as he describes.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
My grandpa almost bought a nearly immaculate one but the guy just needed cash so he was selling it for $1200. 1990 Fox 5.0 with 120XXX miles. but na, he's waiting to sell the bullitt and get a built motor fox. haha.

Dave@StreetCar1320

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I haven't seen the car in person lately, but I have been after the guy to sell it to me for years. I used to live in the same neighborhood and it was always super clean. That was why I was so surprised when he told me the mileage.

I was definitely thinking the way Rojizostang is because an original 5.0 5spd coupe here in jersey sells fast and usually for more than it's really worth.

Oh well, I'll check it out in person and see what the best he will do on it. Maybe I'll get lucky and walk away with a deal. Otherwise between a stock 05 begging for mods and trying to start a business up buying another stang is like needed another hole in the head.

Thanks for the input though, I really appreciate the help.

US-1, I have not had a chance to go through the file you sent me. I don't have power point at home. I'm gonna check it out at work on lunch tomorrow.

Thanks again guys!

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
US-1, I have not had a chance to go through the file you sent me. I don't have power point at home. I'm gonna check it out at work on lunch tomorrow.
Not a problem, take your time and let me know. Been discussing tubular front end stuff and custom 9" rear ends with Racecraft.

Dave@StreetCar1320

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Awesome, I just loaded it onto my thumb drive so I don't forget in the morning rush to get out of the house and to work on time.

I'll talk to you soon about it.

The printer is taking care of the messed up prints so all is good! We should be rolling soon!

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
just bought a 92 notch with 87,000 miles....$4000....has 2000 Cobra R wheels on it but still a 4 lug....I am in process of pulling motor to build a 306 with Twisted Wedge R heads and 12:1 compression....Then maybe upping from a 100 shot to 200 shot with a C4....It has a TKO600 in it right now,,,,

JOK3R

forum member
Reaction score
A clean notch will ALWAYS fetch a lot of money. Very high demand car for being so old.

I had a chance to buy a bone stock and clean Notch for $1200 a few months ago. I kind of regret not doing it...

...then again I've owned 2 5.0's before. Oh well.

k_aimone

forum member
Reaction score
depending on what you are doing, i would stay away from the 93. that motor has the crappy pistons, hypertenic (spelling). from 87-92 they all had fordged pistons. but if plan on keeping it stock or rebuilding the bottom end for boost or spray, go for it. the 89 is the year to have imo. i have to have the tilt wheel and the mass air. there were some 88's that were sold in cali that had the mass air, but hard to find one my area. but i would say the average cost for a decent notch is 4,500.

good luck
ciao
ken

SKYWLKR

Reaction score
Coupe, unmolested, with a black interior... does it have the GT seats? that should have been bought already!

What the guys number, I will buy it with pictures and carfax verification.

Reaction score
If he does want to buy it check around the rear hatch for rust spots. Notorious area for rust on those.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back