Can no longer edit OP

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
I'm having an issue with my for sale thread.

I want to go back and edit the original post and update it with some additional items as well as mark some of the other items sold, but there is no longer an edit button on the post.

Is this permanent or can the original post still be edited?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Once it reaches a certain age, the edit button goes away. I think mods can still edit it though.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
what do u want it to say?

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Quote your OP in the sale ad. Go to PMs paste it there, change what you want in the ad and send me the PM and I'll post it in your OP. Send me the link for the ad too.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Quote your OP in the sale ad. Go to PMs paste it there, change what you want in the ad and send me the PM and I'll post it in your OP. Send me the link for the ad too.

Can do. It'll be later tonight or tomorrow before I can actually get the pictures together though.

But any time I want to make a change I'll have to have you or another mod actually do it, correct?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
IMO if you're adding new items then you're better off posting a new thread. People typically don't go back and re-read the original post in an old thread when it pops up in the 'new posts' search. You will not get as much exposure for your added items by hiding them in an old thread.

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IMO if you're adding new items then you're better off posting a new thread. People typically don't go back and re-read the original post in an old thread when it pops up in the 'new posts' search. You will not get as much exposure for your added items by hiding them in an old thread.

Thanks brian, I was about to suggest that.

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
Why don't you just ask a mod to clear the original post, lock the thread...and start a new one with your old shit included?

If that thread is that old, that it's that far down the list...nobody looking at it anyway.

You make a mountain out of a mole hill.
And I thought only accountants were dumbasses.........

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I agree. At this point just start a new thread. I'm about to do the same with one of my old ones.

Back